Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys, so i got in the other morning and parked up my 6, got out and pressed my fob as i always do, which locks and alarms it. no probs, went to bed, got up, went outside pressed my fob and nothing happened, and nothing has happened since!! my fob wont open my doors or turn my alarm off/on. looking at the fob it says cobra on the back, i can use the little stick to unimobilise it, just p*****ng me off coz i cant use my fob, and the key is awkward.

any suggestions guys? i was thinking maybe a fuse or loose connection or something??
i have never had any dealings with an alarm b4 so if u could explain things too me lol that wud be gud.

thanks again,

ive tried battry replacement in fob by the way.

·
Registered
859 Posts
is the light on the fob flashing when you press the button? if so, could it be the alarms sensor or the fobs transmitter at fault? sorry, probably an obvious suggestion...

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
fob battery is the 1st thing to check

edit : and now i've read you've replaced that I feel stupid!

·
Registered
247 Posts
sometimes the battery in the fob is not making a good conection, this has happened to me, particularly after dropping it on the floor....

·
Premium Member
10,821 Posts
is the battery in the right way round?
are the contacts in good condition, and making good contact with the battery?
Does it light up (if it has a light)?

other than that, it could have gone faulty.. or the alarm has..

John

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
nah my fob has an led and it lights up ok, so im guessing its buggered at the alarm side?? doesnt make sence tho how it was fine 1 min not the nxt, kinda died in its sleep lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts