Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alarm Permanent Disarm

I just installed a keyless entry system but everytime I unlock with the remote, the alarm starts yelling. I have searched and searched through old posts but I cannot figure out how to wire it so that the alarm with still work as normal. The keyless entry has a "negative armed output" wire that is supposed to attach to the alarm someplace, but I do not know where and do I need a diode? Does anyone know where this negative wire needs to be attached? If not, do you know where to permanently disconnect the alarm so my keyless entry will unlock without the alarm yelling? Thanks for all your help and sorry about the long post. - Andrew

·
Registered
358 Posts
try attaching it to the yellow w/ red stripe wire in the drivers kick panel. That should be the (-) factory disarm wire for the '93.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
HERE IS THE PERMANENT DISARM SOLUTION!

I figured out that the factory alarm will not activate if the hood is open. So, I got to thinking that there must be some wire going to the hood latch. Sure, enough there are two wires with a connector to connect them to the two wires on the hood latch. If you disconnect this connector, the alarm will never activate when the doors are locked again because the alarm thinks the hood is open. Hope this will help you all that have screwed up alarms!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts