Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My stock alarm works fine except that if I open the trunk it doesn't set it off. Shouldn't the trunk set it off? I've noticed that if I have the trunk open and arm the alarm it won't arm until I shut it.

Also, is there anyway to get rid of the stupid 15 second delay for the alarm to go off if it gets triggered? That is so stupid. In 15 seconds the theives could have your stereo and be down the street by the time it goes off.

·
Registered
921 Posts
DUDE. do you run away from your car after you lock your door, so that a theif will come and steal your shit. By the time i walk 10 feet away from my car its armed, no theif is going to steal your stuff while your still there.

·
Registered
921 Posts
dat is really really weird. Sorry i thought you were talking about 15 secs when you arm it.

·
Registered
84 Posts
back when I was using my stock alarm it would go off immediately with no delay. My car is a '93 though so I guess they could have changed it between '93 and '96

·
Registered
57 Posts
The stock alarm isn't supposed to have a delay when activated. It’s only supposed to take a couple of seconds. What you're experiencing is actually a glitch. Also, with the trunk problem, its not actually a problem, if you read in the manual it states that you can deactivate the alarm by either inserting your key into the driver side door or into the trunk. So by opening your trunk, you're actually disabling the system, next time your alarm is going off, try popping the trunk from the inside instead of using your key, you'll see what I mean. :)

·
Premium Member
3,844 Posts
How do you disarm you alarm. Some systems give you the time to get in your car and get you key in to the ignition and turn to disarm. If its a remote disarm then it does seem weird.

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
doh, alarm....

i locked my doors once, after i popped the trunk inside. got out, closed the door, opened my popped trunk and the alarm went off. i think that is what Ralph is talking about.

Mx6-uk:

i didnt even know i had an alarm on my 6. one night my room mate and i were messing around with the locks at the mall!! and the alarm went off. i tried putting the key into the ignition, didnt start or turn off the alarm. for some reason we sat there for a minute or so looking in the manual how to shut the alarm off, while ppl were driving by giving us weird looks :freak: then for some reason i got the bright idea :idea: to put the key in the drivers side door. woohoo!! worked. then i smacked my friend and went home.

SolarSlash

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I read in the owner's manual there's a 15 second delay so you can put the key in the ignition if your remote doesn't work. That's is the dumbest thing I've heard. I've got stock remote entry.

When the trunk is open and you have the key in the on position with the electial accessories on, should there be an indicator that the trunk is open? I don't even know when my trunk is open.

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
eh...

i havent noticed an indicator for the trunk either. damn you mazda!! hehe, jk.

SolarSlash

1 - 12 of 12 Posts