Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 93 6 and i was wondering why my alarm goes off when i open the passenger door WITH the key?? is this normal? or is my car just wierd

and if its normal, why even put a key hole on the passenger side????
well let me know, thanx

·
Registered
67 Posts
alarm

if your not the first owner of the car..it could have gotten into an accident befor you and when they replaced the door they didn't hook up the alarm right ....it makes it think that someone is breakin in.
later

·
Registered
806 Posts
alarm questions.....

I don't have an answer for you, but mine goes off when I unlock the drivers side door. I need to see if I can disect the problem one of these days. My cut off today is opening the trunk which cuts the system off. Valets at the hotel last week were a little flustered at my alarm, but oh well!

R

·
0 Posts
alarm

My alarm goes off when I use the key in the drivers side door. If you figure it out let me know, I'm stumped.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Stupid Alarm

Got the same problem with my 95. I talked to the dealership and they gave me some bs about it being a special "extra if my keys got stolen or something. Gee I guess Im SOL cause i carry my alarm with my keys!!! To solve that problem, and those annoying autolocks goto any local alarm shop and tell them to deactivate it. The alarm type is a Viper 3000(i think thats the right series) I got so used to it now that I had it turned back on.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts