Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone help me with a few things i need to clear up? Well I thought about keeping the American KL in the MX-6 and putting in a turbo, then i thought no its to expensive. So now i'm thinking of making an KL-ZE motor, high-performance beast pushing around 240HP-250HP. What i need is some suggestions. Like stuff on throttle body, boring my manifold, stuff like that, and i don't care if its not street legal, thanks :)

later,
2.5MX-6

p.s. I'm already getting a custom done muffler with 3-inch piping and i'll buy a RPM Intake and slightly modify it.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Probably the best mod you could do would be to get the throttle body bored out and the intake manifold and heads port n' polished. Then add a high flow fuel pump, Walbro 190 lph, and adjustable fuel pressure regulator. Also, possible change the fuel rails so you can use diferent infectors and play with the fuel delivery some more. Get an air/fuel ratio gauge to keep an eye one it, with 10:1 compression it will be critical and always, always use the highest octane gas you can find. The KL-ZE was designed for Japanese market 102 octane rated fuel. That should get you pretty close to the mark. Oh yeah, you an also bore out the feed line for the fuel rail slightly for a little more power, not positive on how to do this mod but there was a discussion of it on Probetalk, one of the guys has intructions on his web page. For the port n' polish and throttle body work contact RAW POWER for it, there is a link somewhere on this board from a few pwople who have had him work on their cars.

HTH:)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks

Ya i knew that you'd need high octane fuel cuz my brother put a KL-ZE in his 91 Mazda Protege :) heres a link to his site: http://www.members.home.com/sofronov/Frames.html when you enter go to Kaos, then MX-3 then scroll down to the bottom and you'll see is Protege. He is getting Nitro this week( a 70HP Shot) and a new muffler(the one on now, isn't that good as the one he is getting soon, but it sounds so dam nice :) )

Anyways thanks for the info and all :)

later,
2.5MX-6

1 - 3 of 3 Posts