Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was in a big, almost empty parking lot, couldn't have been more than 5 cars parked. I was doing some updates on my phone. I saw in the distance a car moving slowly, headed in my direction. I observed, didn't like what I was seeing.....I put the keys in the ignition. They kept coming my way. I started the car. They continued and came right alongside my car. Immediately out of the corner of my eye, I saw the backseat door open, and someone getting out......but I was already on the move. A definite carjacking attempt. There are bad, disgusting people out there. Lesson is to continue to observe your surroundings, and get your car ready. If I had not had the car started already, likely I would have had a gun pointed at me before I could move out.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Wow, Good thing you had noticed. I probably wouldn't have noticed myself and been left without a car. I can't say that this kinda thing is that common here in Australia but is that kinda thing common in your area. I guess the nicer your car looks the more you will attract such people.
I'm glad to hear you got out of it without too much drama and are well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts