Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Winter is fast approching and I was wondering what every does with there car?

I want to get ice tires because I find my car sucks on the ice, is it just me?

I already posted on this but if anyone's bored take a look at my post
www.mx6.com/newmx6/board/showthread.php?s=&threadid=10196

Cya all,
Claeren.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Well, I know I'll be relocating my intake filter from the down by the splashguard to under the hood, I might sacrifice some power, but I'd rather not lose my filter on a chunk of ice. I also carry a small emergency kit; a blanket, can of fix a flat, roadside kit, ect. Probably get the brakes checked too, but that's about it.

And yes, you're right, my car does suck on ice.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Well once winter hits i take my 17's off and throw on my 15's with my blizzaks. And then i remove the downpipe off my intake and i drive...

·
Registered
763 Posts
yeh.. I take off my 17s too usually, however this winter I might not because I am in the process of putting on a erebuni 44 frontbumper and if I change back to the factory wheels the car will be waaaay to low

and then I will be the community snowplow which is not cool

so depending on how low it is I might leave on the 17s this year, but Im not even planning to drive it too much cause Im just getting the car repainted as we speak

peace

G

·
0 Posts
Get yourself a set of Bridgestone Blizzaks man! They're awesome and have the best traction on ice.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Blizzaks? I need winter tires still.. I heard the winter tires that Canadian tire makes , Icetrac or something like that are terrible. my friend had them on a gti golf and he said he was sliding all winter long (last winter)

peace

1 - 6 of 6 Posts