Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys......do any of you guys have experience with the Alpine V12 Amps ....i was looking at the Alpine V12 MRV-T707 is this a good amp....i just wanted to see if i should get this amp

thanks

·
Registered
672 Posts
I own this amp and i swear by it....

You will not be dissappointed with it!! Trust me

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks man........i thank you for the reply.......ya.....have you had problems with it over heating at all.....thats the only complaint i have have seen

·
Registered
321 Posts
I had the preveous version of that amp and I hated it because of over heating. But I have heard they have fixed that problem and my friend has it and he swears by it. i personally don't like asian amps but that is just a personal preference. I like american made amps.})

·
Registered
43 Posts
What are you planning on pushing with the 707. I work in a car stereo shop, and I only use alpine components in my car. I swear by V12 amps, but they can sometimes be underpowered. The ratings they give you are pretty accurate, but you might wanna jump to 757 if the subs are power hungry.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Get an mrv-1507 and love alpine

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
I've got the 757, and am running it a 2 ohms, gets a little warm if my deck is cranked all the way up for a long time, but nothing to worry about, if you do get a v12, don't skimp on the cables for it, like the power or the ground, these amps are power hungry, but they deliver huge power, so its worth it. I swear by V12's

·
Registered
672 Posts
I havent had any problems with my V12, I have it mounted in a limited spot and its covered and I still dont get any overheating problems.

Just might be me..

Ive got my system cranked pretty high and its still kicking.

V12 all the way.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
i work at a shop too, and have had dozens of v12's

first off no Alpine amp should over heat unless you are on a 13 hr road trip in the summer with no A/C ...

The amps are intended to run at a 4-ohm mono load or a 2-ohm stereo load,... no less of an impedence, that is why your amps are getting to hot

also you dont drive your car with the gas pedal to the floor constantly ( I Hope not at least) , so likewise dont beat the hell out of the amp by having the gain cranked to the max, with the Q-factor all the way up, and loudness from the deck on!!

appropriate signal is the key to a good stereo!!

-Scuba-

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
I am running my amp at 2 ohms stereo (1+2) bridged, but the gain is at nominal, my line voltage, is at 8 volts, and my parametric eq is off, if i want that extra thump i have an epicenter, but it is almost never on, is this a bad way for my amp to run, or is it just heating up because of the 2 ohm load?

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
well if you are running it at 2 ohms stereo than you are fine, but that also means that it is not bridged,

bridged is when you take the Left positive and Right negative speaker outputs terminals to your drivers!!!, ( Mono)

Stereo is just Left positive and negative to one speaker, and Right positive and negative to another!! (Stereo)

double check your load Dex, and tell me if it is either bridged or stereo, can only be one or the other!!,

as for the epicenter, i would use it if you want the extra thump, thats what it does, it doubles the decibel level of the signal for each ocatave that it goes down... for example middle C' on a piano, is at 0db's , then if you go down to the next lower C, it would be +3db's of signal (bass) increase!!

And you should only have the line voltage set at 2 volts, unless your cd player is an upper end model and puts out 4 volts, or even if you have the epicenter you have is a line driver as well and i generates 8 volts but other than that lower the line level voltage on the amp!!!! , all of these suggestions will greatly vasten the life of your amp and the over all sound quality!! trust me!!!

-Scuba-

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
the amps are 2 ohm bridged (pos to pos neg to neg on both) and it sounds just great. I use a pld to get to 8 volts but only when i am really wanting that extra sound. Other than the the deck outputs at 4 volts but my amp seems to run just fine w/o any problems, well 1 minor one the power led doesn't come on, called alpine they said it is like a 20 dollar piece, but won't affect the amp, but it runs just great, and the gain is set at the nominal level (described by alpine)

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
I've had to 2 V12 amps (Until it was stolen) and they performed very well. Never overheated even when turned right up. They have very low distortion levels and each amp is certifed to give the specified RMS rating and more.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
every amp from a reputable manufacturer has those, we call them birth certificates, however the amp performs a little less then what the certificate says because most are tested at a 50hz constant tone w/ 14.4 volts constant. so i would count on your amp providing about 80-85% of the certificate wattage!!!

-Scuba-

1 - 16 of 16 Posts