Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I have a buddy who's been eggin me to race his shitty car. He's got a get this: " 94 Plymouth Laser". It's NOT turbo or anything, it's 4-cl, AUTOMATIC!! I have a 93 MX-6 MANUAL 4-Cyl. Now, I am a good driver and want to know who would take the race? I'm almost positive I would after being in his car, but, thought I'd get someone else opinion! Thanks,
P.S
If this make any difference: My car has just over 100,000 KMS and his has 120,000KMS. His has been in MANY the accident. He had to get his frount end totally re-done, and recently hit a deer! ( poor Deer )

·
Registered
283 Posts
In my opinion i think u will take hin cause u have a manual but if u had the v6 u would blow him apart race and tell us what happens

·
Registered
135 Posts
i raced an older laser a little while back... it was a 5 spd. i beat him pretty easily... when i hit the top of 2nd gear he was a few carlengths behind. i think you'll do fine. let us know, ok?

·
Registered
36 Posts
i used to have a '92 eclipse n/a and hear it from a former driver you'll rip his ass.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah.....he's pretty pissed.......we raced about 5 times.....the first couple of times he rev'd it in neutral and slid it into gear....DIDN'T WORK!! Then, we raced from a standstill, THEN raced from a rolling start, THEN raced BACKWARDS!!!
ANyway, yeah....i did blow him apart......i just thought it was so funny he was getting pissed....i mean.....after the first 3 i told him to give it up.....but, somehow he had to beat me even if we had to go in reverse......
BUT, I beat him there too....i think it was just from one street pole to another.....something dumb like that....anyway, for any of you 4's out there.....Lasers and NO problem!! Later Dudes

·
Registered
193 Posts
nice kill, and thanks for the update! always nice when someone gets back the the thread with the results!
hr

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
i took out a turbo laser one time. it was one with the pop-up lights... he had 3 guys in his car and he was trying to be a tough guy and i just laughed at him... got him off the line and thought he would pull when his turbo spooled but...nope...

My sisters GSX on the other hand... she gives my car a nice spanking...

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
gsx's

i've said it once to you Jspec and i'll say it agian...DSM's are nice cars w/ a turbo. I'll save you the trouble of running through my experiences w/ them b/c I already have once before. Sorry but I had to post to agree even though I hate posts like these.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts