Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone changed theirs before? i am about to this weekend, anything i should know or do?
forever greatful,
smachan

·
Registered
32 Posts
its really simple. You will need to take off both belts in order to get to the alternator belt so if the other belt hasnt been replaced already you might as well get one of those to make the project complete. Its really straight forward. just loosen up all the bolts that look like they are holding on to the alternator and it will basically just slide and off comes the belt. There is one bolt on the alternator that you can use to tighten the belt before you tighten it down to the bracket. as soon as you look at it you will understand how it works. Really easy.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i ended up going to the mazda dealer and having it changed. just because i am a lazy. cost me like 30 bux with belt.

G

·
How bad is it to drive with the alternator belt broken. On Friday the "Charge " and "Rear" lights show up on my dash. I inspected the alternator and realized that there is no belt. Will replacing the belt solve this problem. Also my some of the rear lights dont work. The brake and reverse lights work but the others do not.

G

·
well its not goin to destroy anything i don't think - but you will have a flat battery very soon. do yourself a favour and get it fixed. as for lights not working.... i'm not sure - could have something to do with it though
on the up side you should have a little more power now :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts