Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I asked in another post, but didn't get any activity on it. We have a couple of members here who work at parts stores, or who may even be able to easily find the info.

I need to know if an alt from a 85-92 nissan maxima will PHYSICALLY swap into our cars? The casing looks virtually the same from the pic's i'm finding, but I need to get one of each side-by-side to compare...problem is, can't find any in local wrecking yards, and all the local parts houses don't have any of the Maxi alt's in stock...

I need to know ASAP...

As for wiring, at the MOST, I'd need to get a alt plug and about 6" of wire from a max, and splice it into our wiring harness. I have the color codes, etc... needed to do this - I just need to find out if they are PHYSICALLY equal in over-all size, etc...

ANYONE???

If this works out, it's a CHEAP alt upgrade - the maxi alt is about $30 CHEAPER than an alt for a 6, and produces 20 extra amps...

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They likely will fit, but they are also almost $100 more than our alt's are. This project would be for a $30 SAVINGS over ours, with a 20 amp gain in output...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts