Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was wondering how powerful the stock alternator is in regards to amperage?? What would be a suitable alternator replacement? I have looked on the Jc Whitney homepage and they have 60-80-100 amp alternators there which I have shown interest in ... In regards to the stock alternator, which would be the best alternator for my 6 running a serious sound system in the car... 80 or 100 amp ? ?would they fit ??

·
Registered
268 Posts
Sorry I can't answer your question, but your sig says GT non turbo. As far as I know there is no such thing, all GT's are turbo and LX's and DX's are not. Just curious...

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well believe it or not, It is not a turbo. This is the european version 2.0l non turbo running at 147hp. Would be nice to have a turbo though.

·
Premium Member
3,962 Posts
Aaah the FE3 motor. If I'm not mistaken, you should have 170hp. Anyway, as far as alternators are concerned, I would get a cap (or 2) and try not to rely on alternator power for subwoofers.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well yes, FE3N says on the engine... DOHC 16 valve 1998cc...

AnarchyX

Aaah the FE3 motor. If I'm not mistaken, you should have 170hp
Well on my cars registration card thingy, it says 108KW 147hp... Always thought is was 147... dont think they would be wrong???
You sure about that 170??

1 - 7 of 7 Posts