Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

Would you rather:

• keep your stock tail lights on your 6?

Votes: 8 61.5%
  • get altezza tail lights for your 6?

Votes: 5 38.5%
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
;)I know it's been talked about and nobody makes them for 1st gens, but I thought I might make one more try. Does anybody know of any companies that may be willing to make custom tail lights if I offer to set up a group buy? If successful in finding a willing company, How many are interested and around how much are you willing to pay for them? (USD);)

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
I think the Altezza trand is already at it's peak. I'd rather be original and invent a completely new kinda tail light. They now make LED lights that will fit in our stock bulb sockets, maybe incorporate those somehow.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Personally I think altezza's are pretty cheesey, only certain cars that are certain colors look decent with them. I wouldn't mind seeing honda SI style lights. Where the top is red, and the bottom is clear (instead of amber)

·
Registered
446 Posts
Personally I think altezza's are pretty cheesey, only certain cars that are certain colors look decent with them. I wouldn't mind seeing honda SI style lights. Where the top is red, and the bottom is clear (instead of amber)
Actually ALL of the '99 and '00 Civic taillights have red on top and clear on bottom. Its not just the SIs.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Id be down to get some. I think they would look kick ass on our cars. I was thinking of painting the mid section to match my car and just leave the side. that would look sweet.I think any way

·
Registered
140 Posts
BOWDWN2MX6 said:

Actually ALL of the '99 and '00 Civic taillights have red on top and clear on bottom. Its not just the SIs.

Yes I know that the 99-00 civic's have the red on top but white on the bottom, but it wasn't always like that. Only the SI models came like before the 99 models. If you go look up those styles of lights for a honda civic, they are considered SI lights.

Anywho, I'm gonna take some pix of my tail lights, and plug them into photoshop to see what I can do.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
These are good ideas. I like the way the SI light look on civics, but I don't want my car to look like a Honda. I do, however, like the red LEDs for brake lights. But you would need clear lenses. Do you guys think the euro lenses (clear like glass) look good with LEDs or would the not so clear lenses (the ones with criss-cross patterned ridges on the inside) be better with LEDs? Anyone know someone who can bend plastic for tail lights?

Oh yeah, what kinda program is photoshop and where can i get it? Is it hard to use?

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
european lights are different, alittle

Im a big trader of parts overseas, and im able to get european tail lights for the first gen. they are the same colors, only this time Yellow is on top, and red is on bottom(kinda weird eh?)i prefer the US style comparatively but someone might want the euro look.

Eric

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Eric: I would be interest in these tail lights

Give me an email, i would like to know more about the price of these and mabye a pic?

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ne lights

i would love to have ne lights that make my car look original, but i would love to black out my lights. but i can find ne way to do that

·
Registered
52 Posts
black out

Hey man,
If you wanna black out your lights it is simple. Just go buy a can of tint spray, take the lights off the car clean and spray applying a few coats to your desired darkness, then buy a can of clear coat enamel and spray one or 2 coats of that to give that glossy look!!

Check out the pics of my car if you want to see what they look like!

http://communities.msn.com/AMX62NV

·
Registered
270 Posts
Altezzas...

RICE-A-RONY.
Sometimes, at night, I go out cruising looking for rice, the first signs of altezzas, I'm on it like a pitt bull on a T-bone:D I have yet to win by less than 10 car lenghts to an altezza equipted Honda or Mitsu, that's up to 60, after that, what a waste of gas. I love the looks on the drivers faces when a mostly stock looking '89 MX-6 opens a can of whoop ass on their ricey crap. I beg you, don't try to put that crap on a MX-6....PLEASE!!!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts