Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody had any experience purchasing altezze tail light mods. Ive got a 93 ls that id like to put some of the euro style tail lights in.

Not sure about some of these online and ebay retailers and the quality of their produce.

For example, vertexracing.com has some black euro style tails that are listed as being JDM (japanese direct manufacturer) but have no way of really telling if its a GENUINE MAZDA FACTORY PART???????

Any help please.

·
Registered
4,460 Posts
JDM is Japanese Domestic Market, FYI.

That said, none of these parts are OEM. They are all aftermarket. Quality varies depending on what you're looking for, but I have not heard any complaints regarding those taillights specifically.

Other than they are rice, which I'd have to agree with :)

People on Ebay will say and do very strange things in order to get a sale.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks maliciious. Quality is the concern here. Not sure if im getting quality product or something "made in china" (no offense). Dont want something thats going to fill up with water every time it rains. LOL.

Also, thanks for the fyi.

·
Registered
947 Posts
If you search the site you will find tons of theads and posts about these lights, but i haven't really heard to much about the quality of them, so i assume there fine,alot of people i noticed have them around here. also with the "rice" comments.. to each there own if you like them and get them, its your money and your car so with it that you want then well buy them..don't let people turn you off of something you like if its what you want...

·
Banned
1,166 Posts
does anybody have pictures of those black altezza's with a good coat of nightshades on it? i was just wondering what that would look like cuz i think it would look pretty nice that way, and definitely would not be so ricey looking.

·
Registered
954 Posts
yeah i have a pair they fit great they lock right onto the mounts from the stocks they replace ... as far as water leakage, i used silicone rtv sealant to keep the water from coming in and it's worked--i havent had any problems with it so far...

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
man, i dont come here enough...

People on Ebay will say and do very strange things in order to get a sale.

the only stuff you should buy off ebay is stuff that wont have fitment issues, or quality issues...basically, only buy stuff that someone cant really [fizzle] up...and if you see something like this in the descritipn, then dont even worry about it:

ALTEZZA TAILLIGHTS! JDM MAZDA RX8 HKS GREDDY MAZDASPEED SPOON 2FAST DOUCHE 2FURIOUS CIVIC MX6 RX7!! LOOK!

i love making fun of ebay auctions

1 - 14 of 14 Posts