Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a 1989 mx-6 gt turbo but i don't have an owner's manual and the guy that sold me the car is on vacation right now. So if anyone knows how much oil it takes, thanks.

-crk00

·
Registered
411 Posts
Pan capacity is 4.1 US quarts.
Filter capacity is .32 US quarts.
All together that's 4.42 US quarts.
You're safe with 4.5 quarts.

That's right out of the owner's manual from an '89 GT

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks alot for the information. It will be alot easier than just putting in a little at a time untill got it to the right level. :]

-crk00

·
Registered
34 Posts
Speaking of manuals for the 89 GT, do any of you guys know where we can pick one up, or even better, the factory shop manual.

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
For a manual, you can get them at a local parts store (discount auto, autozone, ect). they sell the hayes repair manuals (discount auto), and chilton (i prefer chilton to hayes...)
i have bought the chilton for my '87 mustang lx convert. and just recently bought one for my '88 mazda mx-6 gt...

theyre a big help when workin on our little beasts

-meaty

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Personally I think the hayes manual sucks.. that's all I have... theres too many different years of cars that it covers... and the 88+ coverage is in add ons and doesn't tell you much at all.. It didn't tell me much at least.... does chilton have one for the 88+?

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
I'm going to check a few other auto parts stores, because yeah, i thought the hayes one sucked too but it was all discount auto carried... i really dont like it at all, the chilton one for my mustang was excellent, though it covered '79-88 for mustangs AND capri's...

chilton are a lot more thicker than hayes too :p

i just think hayes look shoddy...

·
Registered
512 Posts
You can buy the real shop manual :D on ebay or from Mazda. The hayes manual you have to buy (which sucks) if for the ford probe not the mx-6

1 - 11 of 11 Posts