Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok im a total newbie when it comes to audio so please help me out.....

i just bought (2) JL 150 Watt 10's in a box .
the car already has:
(2) 120 watt 6 x 9" 3-way kenwoods in the back . infinity tweeters and the stock(need ideas before changing them) speakers in the front .
i have an 80 watt blaupunkt 2 channel amp that powers everything . the amp works great to power everything except for the subs . in order to get the nice "thump" out of the subs i have to put the system all the way up so im guessing the subs are under powered

any suggestions as to what i should do? i would really apreciate it.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
you wont have to spend alot of money on an amplifier for those... I can assume that those are JL 10" W0 line, and that you have 2 8 ohm woofers... if you wanna a cheap amp, you can get an alpine MRV-100m .. (small mono-block sub amp), retails for $199, most places with the margine on that amp should go to $175 easy

another would be the JL 250/1 .. but it will be about $350, again should be able to get if for roughly 300-310...

others i can think of ... planet audio 2004 , Kenwood KAC-829 , Kicker ZR120 or 240.. (if you have 2 4ohm subs), Rockford RFG1250.2 (250a2),

take your pic all will do the job... if you wanna narrow it down, you can tell me what music you listen too, and what you are lookin for in sub bass.. and i will tell you an exact amp .. i sell everyone of the before mentioned and i am very familiar with all of them, keep in mind some are better than others that i listed with a price range of 199-349 differences

later

-Scuba-

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
music preferences

oh you know the average strapped for cash/teenager music .

the "trance/rave/rap/R&b/slow jams" type of music and just looking for a clear bass "thump" without having to put the volume all the way up

and oh yea...will this be a replacement amp for my blaupunkt . or would the amp be in addition to the one i already have?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts