Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
aiight, i have a question. i need to know what would be a good choice....i am going to buy sub(s) and an amp very soon. i want to know if i should get a dual 12'' box or a single 12'' box. i would rather get 1 12'' inch box so i can have the option of upgrading to another sub later on, but i want to know if it would sound better with the dual box or the 2 singles, or if it makes any difference at all. if it will sound fine with the 2 singles then i will do that, but if u think the dual box would make a greater difference then i'll just go ahead and spend the extra money. Thanks.

·
Registered
42 Posts
You could always get a Power DVC 10" and a Virtual Technology Box and hit hard than the 2-12's.

·
Registered
609 Posts
As long as we are on subs, what is the minimum amount of watts that are needed to energize those subs efficently?

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
about a minimum of 400 watts will power those subs efficiently. i work with RF cuz i work at best buy, so i get to test all that neat stuff out. we are getting the DVC's in next month, that is why i was asking. i know what i am going to do about the box, i was just trying to get someone elses opinion, obviously we all think alike.

·
Registered
283 Posts
well i have two 12 inch rockford fosgates hx2 in a sealed box i was wondering if i should get a better boxw ill the sound be diffrent iam also running a RF 500a2 700-800 watt amp wit alpine deck and cd changer and infinty kappas in the rear

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
for the hx2 i kinda recommend getting a bigger amp. the box should be fine though, depending on the size. try getting the old RF 800a 2 channel amp. the new models are out so it should be on clearance if you can find it anywhere. the newer ones suck, we've had them for about a week and stuff is already coming off of them. hope that helps.

·
Registered
283 Posts
well i already bought the 500 a2 u dont think i should keep it u dont think the pwer is enough

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well the hx2's do have a pretty high rms rating, but they also have a pretty good sensitivity rating too, so the 500 watt amp should power them well, but the only was you'll really get it to hit harder is the bigger amp.

·
Registered
579 Posts
A lot of it has to do with the BOX. I have 1 12" 500W Pioneer (powered by a 300W Jensen amp)in a bandpass that was designed by an engineer, (got it from a friend), and it pounds a lot louder than some of the sytems I've heard with 2 12"'s. So, choose your box wisely.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
you cant compare sealed and bandpass boxes, two different things. if u have the space in your trunk, get the bandpass, 6's dont have that much space tho. have you ever heard a rockford in a bandpass? not the greatest thing around. and if you're using a jensen anything please dont reply to anything i write..especially a 300 watt jensen amp. by the way man we are getting the dvc's in our store in April.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts