Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I doubt there are many 1st Gen members left with operating A/C in their cars, but for those that might I have a question. Have any of you noticed the difference between running the A/C in the ECON mode versus regular mode in regards to compressor clutch lockup? In ECON mode, my compressor clutch runs and locks (stops) as is normal. But in regular mode, the clutch pretty much runs constantly, which seems like it would be bad for the compressor and the clutch in particular. I was just wanting to see if anyone else noticed the same thing as I just stated.

There used to be a site member from North Carolina (I think) that was well versed in diagnosing A/C problems, but as with most of the other members on this site he appears to have moved on.

Thanks for any comments.

·
Premium Member
210 Posts
Well, that's good to know. Mine still works, but it leaks down and is fairly weak. I've never used the Econ mode since it's always a challenge to cool the car even on long rides. Could be the blue car with the blue interior gets way too hot during the day...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts