Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a silicone coupler I can buy to replace my craked TB boot. Plus the stock ones are fugly.

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
1fast88gt said:
Is there a silicone coupler I can buy to replace my craked TB boot. Plus the stock ones are fugly.
i've got an extra one for sale if you need it.

but you can go to the ford dealership and get one from a 1g probe gt and spend i think it's around $87

·
Premium Member
4,973 Posts

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
i used the stock VAF boot with a plug in it to delete the breather tube hole... held up fine for me... only thing is that you have to take the upper IC pipe off of the mounting plate and press it down a bit lower so the boot will seal properly... it takes a tad bit of work.. but it held 17psi... without popping off

·
Registered
3,821 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
AMD IS THE BEST showed me how to do my A/C delete on my car. I needed room for ext. wastegate. Also I am running a Home Depot plumbing boot. I dont have any problems with it. BTW, it sucks that only probe compressors will work. Had me puzzled for a day why mine wouldn't work.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
T3 626 said:
AMD IS THE BEST showed me how to do my A/C delete on my car. I needed room for ext. wastegate. Also I am running a Home Depot plumbing boot. I dont have any problems with it. BTW, it sucks that only probe compressors will work. Had me puzzled for a day why mine wouldn't work.

how did you do the compressor thing. I mean I want to delete my ac, but what was the deal with what you guys did? whats so special? In another word im a noob, On my last probe My friend cut the belt and just took the whole thing off? what are the benefits of doing the way did it.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
SixSick6 said:
Nothing. You can easily get a belt that works without using any sort of pulley at all. The other option is to use the pulley that came on the non A/C cars like I have.
yep... 335k5

+1

1 - 20 of 43 Posts