Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This was back in august. I had just bought my 90 mx6 turbo, black 5 spd all power options. When I first bought it I was surprised as to the power. Me being used to my 89 conquest TSI (which is painfully still in NY awaiting some serious engine mods) So I took it my garage and began some free mods, opened intake, through some 650 injectors in it, welded a 3" exhaust from mandrel bend no cats, apexi n1 exhaust. and a 1g talon BOV. Car was loud, and quicker...I was happy.
The car was done in time for wednesday night street racing. 9pm dark. Like I said in a post, I only drive with the fog lights on because it looks mean as hell at night. But in utica there is a straight about 10 miles long with periodic street lights called genesee st. I got on it all the way at the beginning and some "HONDUHS" meet there at blimpees. I was cruising looking for trouble (its all a 30mph zone but cops usually dont care, that and there are many side streets. But a integra peeled out behind me, I could notice a body kit, and heard a BOV. i heard him WOT, I down shifted to 2nd and floored hit...he didnt come close to passing me. no comp. Eventually a pack of cars pulled up to me at a light, in the left lane a 97 or so eclipse GST (after speaking to him he has an exhaust intake, man boost controller ect) He had his GF in the car looking at me...I revved, he revved. I knew I could take him so I fiqured I would make a good patch doing it...Left it revved up at about 4500-5000 RPM's. Light turned green dropped the clutch...he made a noticeable burn out but got traction first...still nose to nose. My car burned all the way through 1st. Shifted to 2nd left another nice patch for a second or so. he shifted and "quirked" his tires. we are still nose to nose at this point (when i shifted), my car pulled the right a little in 2nd while spinning the tires. As soon as I got traction I pulled like a mother...left him standing still, got into third and he was well 3 car lengths behind me. Reached a light...he wanted to go again...I said..."well if your that confident you willing to bet your passenger a ride in my car for a while if I win?" he quickly said "no" a second later the new light turned green and the same thing happened lol. I am going to finish here, i wrote this before and got booted.

·
Registered
601 Posts
you got any pictures of your car at night ? I want to see how it looks with just the fogs

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
revved to 4500-5000? dropped the clutch? why? thats not to great on your car, and doesnt help much when it comes to winnin a race. But other wise good kill

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
where do we EVEN begin on threads like these.

So you dropped bigger injectors into your car with no accomodating mods? No s-afc? No piggy back? No turning up the boost? I mean if you had done that and you didn't even turn up the boost, you would be running WAY rich i'm pretty sure!!!

A 1st gen with som mods can run mid 14s with ease, but to beat a Turbo Teg... PUH-LEASE!!!!! From a roll? OMG!!!

I'm sorry but to hear all this with not too much information sounds a bit like... well... bs!!!

Sorry, but if I am on my own then I am on my own.

And in your reply if you ask why a Mustang owner (OH NO) is even here (as noobs often do), and this MX6.com not MUSTANG.com, and if you try to tell me to go hang out with my POS "Rustang buddies"... I will be sorely dissapointed that you felt the need to attack me to win an argument. And if you think you can beat my car, and want to employ that attack... you can't beat my car... don't try to even say you can.

--aggiedj02

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
But his car has 650CC injectors!!! 650 CC MAN, THAT'S HUGE, HE CAN'T LOSE

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
d00d, 650 injectors, those are freaking huge!!!!!!!! I hear those came off airplanes, good for at least 50 hp at the wheels. O, and ur custom 3 inch mandrel bent exhaust you built in ur garage in an afternoon, man, how many hp did that get u????? Musta been like 50 or 60 too. Can you make me one, i wanna make my car eat turbo'd teggy's. One more thing, can you teach me to do the ricer launch you described where all you got was wheelspin all through first and second, cuz that makes ur et's mad fast.

-Bryce

·
Registered
58 Posts
650cc injectors????? Still a good kill I like wasting people that just spent 4times the amount we do on our 1st gen turbo's..It's also very fun doing it in a 15yr old sleeper..My GT just jump a curb and broke its control arm and CV, Know I'm riding my 81 RX7 in the snow ..Scary stuff trust me..And now there's freezing rain..

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
Dude, 650 CC injectors are worth far more horsepower than 50 at the wheels, just look at the math:

First, we have to add in the mods:

145 stock
+ 10 for the muffler
+ 20 for the exhaust
+ 10 for the intake
+ 50 for the blow off valve (60 if it vents to the atmosphere)

We're left with the number:

235 horsepower at the wheels.

Now, we set up an equation, showing how much power he makes with the 310 injectors, and solve for the power made with the 650s

310 = 235
----- ------
650 = x

Cross multiply, divide, and we have:

492 horsepower at the wheels

Guys, with 492 at the wheels, you cannot call BS on the story, his car is unbeatable.

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
d00d, take ur car to the track, you must be runnin 4's or 5's, this is off da hook!!!!!!

-Bryce

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
well first off, Had a done bragging rights on 650 injectors I would understand. they are actually 450 and that was a typo. thanx for the second chances though.
As for the turbo teg as you called it. lol they are not fast and it was not a newer one it was...93-94 not fast.
You people get too carried away with trying to tell everyone its BS. Thats something you should consider. Yes actually I did MIG weld my own exhaust system, something wrong with that?
Also dumping the clutch at 4500rpms is not good, i did not say it was. I had just got the car, and I am going to upgrade the clutch anyways.
Where did this whole mustang enthusiasm comefrom? I hate mustangs. In no way am I saying I have the fastest MX6 around. I have not even done internals, exhaust/intake manifolds, enlarged the throttle body, or such. I dont even expect much from a FWD car, I just think the MX6 is good for what is. SO i would appreciate it if all you would pull your heads out of your asses.

TURBO TEG PUH LEASE lol sorry that was just too funny, you selling one or something? from a roll? lol. its a pos.
Maybe because you are not a good enough driver to take one on? could that be it? well ive done my fair share of resolving the issue here at hand. Sorry if I crushed any toes, think before you type, And sorry for the typo.
jeff

·
Registered
238 Posts
450 injectors is hard to beleive even.. What did those come from. Ah well... everything else is HIGHLY fathomable. I wouldn't call bs on anything else... You must understand, that lots of folks here don't know jack about MIG, TIG, or oxyacetelene fabrication. Listen to em call bs and laugh at em. I figure I'll see some at a few shows next year. ANd shut em up.

But they did rip you a new one one the FUNNIEST way. And Integras are slow as shyt (for a sports car)

·
Registered
4,334 Posts
And in your reply if you ask why a Mustang owner (OH NO) is even here (as noobs often do), and this MX6.com not MUSTANG.com, and if you try to tell me to go hang out with my POS "Rustang buddies"... I will be sorely dissapointed that you felt the need to attack me to win an argument. And if you think you can beat my car, and want to employ that attack... you can't beat my car... don't try to even say you can.
What would you know.. you don't even own an MX6! Sorry... couldn't help myself :D

450cc.... is that true? Come on... you can tell me, if you don't really have it? Otherwise you would probably find that you will have a fountain of fuel out the exhaust pipe. Or do you have an aftermarket ECU?

Other than that, don't worry about all the people calling BS. They really have nothing better to do, and probably think that they are funny. But realistically are just shallow people who make themselves feel better by putting others down.

Tripharn

·
Registered
9,228 Posts
Your talking about the Conquest right?? Not the Mx6

I think those cars that your talking about could be beatin by the Mx6 but if you were driving the Conquest it would be an easy kill.

As for the injectors, maybe thats how hes running them. If hes got the stock fuel pump then the fuel pump is maxed out and the injectors cant fully flow the 450cc's??

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
No not in my conquest, My conquest is under-going a new paint job and some mods in NY, My cousin is finishing it up for me.

The car came with an upgraded fuel pump, a little better than stock. Its Bosch...I can get the serial numbers if you would all like? Anywho yes 450 injectors. I had originally planned to buy a man. boost controller to turn up the boost but it fell through at the last moment. So at the time yes the 450 injectors were pointless.

I dont know anything about TIG welding hahaha. I just do MIG, I learned from my uncle, he also has oxyacetelene, but I dont use them much because he would make me fill the tanks...I filled them once and I dont know if he built a car from scratch or what but the tanks were empty in like 3 weeks and i did not use them...

I am out for now, AOL sux and i will prob get booted.
jeff

·
Premium Member
10,652 Posts
spoolinturbonc said:
I had originally planned to buy a man.
jeff
that about sums it up.

;)

btw i really like conquests/starions :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts