Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
being built right now.. better fuel!!!

i wish i could just have all the money i put in this thing back. I could buy something REALLLLL nice.

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the car, or fuel?

i have at LEAST 15k in the car. Most likely far exceeded.

·
Premium Member
9,394 Posts
That looks like fun. :tup: How much boost are you planning on running with that setup?

I am trying to stop putting so much money into my mx6 too. I might sell a few parts soon. I just want to get the motor stuff installed and get a decent turbo put on. No more GT series for me.

·
Premium Member
11,480 Posts
Interesting setup you have there, thats how I planned on re-routing my lines whenever it gets warmer out. Minus the filter of course :)

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Interesting setup you have there, thats how I planned on re-routing my lines whenever it gets warmer out. Minus the filter of course :)
i've got an extra filter... if you want one ;).

shit i have like 20 leftover earls fittings too.
why is the rear head black???

otherwise looks good lol
its my junk manifold. I am just test fitting everything on the injectors.

it will be installed on my super high performance intake manifold/injectors in a couple weeks.

·
Premium Member
3,955 Posts
the car, or fuel?

i have at LEAST 15k in the car. Most likely far exceeded.
What did you spend those $$$ on? I probably have everything you've got plus more and I spent nowhere close to that, unless you have like a crazy motor built sitting in your garage :jump:

Anyways, did you test fit that on the car? Cause if my memory serve right, those 90 deg bent on the passenger side of the manifold will hit the coolent filler neck, at least the front bank one does, and the rear one has to be installed on the manifold before you drop it in the car, otherwise you won't have enough room to screw it on. I ended up ditching those 90 deg bent and went with a 90 deg -6AN fitting that screw directly onto the rail. Other than that everything looks good, pretty much the same setup I have.

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
makes shifter bushings for the 1G

carry on...
i already do?
Anyways, did you test fit that on the car? Cause if my memory serve right, those 90 deg bent on the passenger side of the manifold will hit the coolent filler neck, at least the front bank one does, and the rear one has to be installed on the manifold before you drop it in the car, otherwise you won't have enough room to screw it on. I ended up ditching those 90 deg bent and went with a 90 deg -6AN fitting that screw directly onto the rail. Other than that everything looks good, pretty much the same setup I have.
ehhh. i was afraid of that.

Can you show me these one piece 90* fittings that screw right in? Like a part number or such? I couldnt find any one piece 90* 6an fittings with a 12mm x 1.25 thread pitch on the other end.

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
YOOOOO 36 dollars a piece.

i went out and held them up to the motor, and it looks like it will fit. It will be tight, but it should fit. I doubt i'll need to remove anything, either.

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i am going to tap it. Luckly my old boss has (more than likely) the only 12mm x 1.25 tap in town haha.

i gotta make it run first... :shrug:.

but, ZE mani and ZE cams are on their way :)

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Colin, Buy a Mazda Mx-5 already!!!

·
Premium Member
11,480 Posts

i went out and held them up to the motor, and it looks like it will fit. It will be tight, but it should fit. I doubt i'll need to remove anything, either.
Yeah, with those fittings its a bitch to get them in without at least loosening the fuel rails and sliding them over a few inches to get the threads started. Once the thread is started you can bolt them back down, but its real tight on the front rail especially to get a wrench in there to get it properly tight.

·
Premium Member
3,955 Posts

Yep, 36 bux x2 plus whatever the shipping is.

Like I said, ones you have should fit, but you'll have drop them in as it, and when you want to take them off, you'll have to unbolt the manifold.

·
Premium Member
7,067 Posts

·
Its not butter?!!!!1
4,968 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
i really want one. If i could find the 99-00 ish body style for a good price, it'd be game over.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts