Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
(Halos work fine the whole time)
(First initial problem)
Wow, I'm driving down the road and my one headlight goes on when I hit the gas and off when I let off. I noticed that once you stuck your hand behind the headlights, they would turn on as if a wire was touching. Once I messed around under the hood, they stayed on until it would happen a couple days later.
(More probs)
Now for some reason the headlights are very dull and orange. They are no brighter than a crappy flashlight. One does not even go on at all, but that one works when the highbeams are on. The other ones turn off while the highbeams are on. When the car is shut off, orange headlights stay on and won't turn off until I pop the hood and touch a wire,which once again makes a clicking sound which sounds like wires touching.

This sucks big time! I'm not a wiring expert, but I can do stuff myself. Just wondering if anyone might know what the problem is or what I should check. I haven't had time to actually work on this, but would like to know where to start.

Thanks

·
Registered
66 Posts
To me it sounds like a wiring problem of some sort. Even if you wired them correctly to begin with, maybe the wires have worked lose/wire insulation scraped off and are touching together. I'd also check the bulb sockets. One way to check to make sure it is not a problem with the cars wiring/relays would be to hook-up the factory lights to see if they still function properly. Also I'd contact the seller and ask if this is a known issue. If not they might be able to give you some insight. I know TCSportline (www.tcsportline.com) sells these.

Jesse

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The one harness was loose, so the connection was being broken, causing the lights to flash. I ziptied the connectors together tightly so they would work. There was also a bad ground causing the lights to be orange, and the one bulb that wasn't working was burnt out. Working with electrical is a pain in the butt. Make sure everything is perfect or you'll be in trouble. I got pulled over for my lights being this way. Good thing everythings fixed and the po po's only gave me a warning.

·
Registered
436 Posts
The wiring on these headlights is horrible... i had the exact same problems.... i cut the whole thing off and started from scratch

1 - 4 of 4 Posts