Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have this small problem with my car, it is annoying more then a problem actually.. It describes itself as this, When Driving with 1/4 of the fuel tank left, and taking a right ( -> ) turn it seems that the engine does not receive any fuel and it stutters, does not accellerate, but does not stall or die... I replaced the fuel filter a while ago, but this has not fixed the problem, I am not really sure what could be the problem... Fuel pump perhaps ?? could it be dirty and need cleaning... or is this something bigger... anyone had this problem... ??

·
Registered
314 Posts
When gas is low, dirt particles can rise and go into the engine or the fuel lines. That MAYBE what is going on. Try getting that STP fluid that is supposed to clean your fuel injectors. Why does it do it on a turn? Maybe dirt is shifting a little when you do that. But y'know try that STP fuel injector cleaner stuff first.

·
Registered
666 Posts
I'm not sure, but, I think Landolakes is partially right. If I remember correctly, there is a screen on the fuel pump. If it gets clogged with rust, or dirt or something, it can keep fuel from flowing properly. When you take a right turn, it could be bringing sediment from the bottom of your tank up, and clogging that screen. As for fixing it. I'd try something a little stronger than fuel injector cleaner. Just about any oil change place or mechaning can get BGK fuel system treatment. It's expensive ($40-$50 here in Texas) but from everyone I've talked to it's WELL worth the money. If that doesn't fix it, maybe cleaning out the fuel tank is going to be necessary. I'm not sure how to go about doing that though, surely someone else on the board does though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts