Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there's been a few threads on this topic in the past. I did a search and got some info, but not all my questions were answered.

On my way home from college this weekend my airbag light started flashing (about 3 hours into the trip). I think it flashed 7 times of the same length, then pause, then 7 times, etc.... Now, I checked Mike's Probe page and there's no codes for 7's (07's or 70's). It could just be that I didn't notice different lengths of the blinks, or it could be since my 6 has dual airbags, this code is not on the list.

Anyway, it did this about 10 times then just stopped. I was about 15 minutes away from dropping a buddy off at his home, and then after letting the car sit for an hour or so, I drove it home (15 minutes) without the light coming on. I also drove it for about 20 minutes today with no blinking.

Sound like just a fluke thing that will never happen again? Is there such a thing? Anyone got a list of MX-6 codes? or know about the dual airbag codes?

I don't want to take it in to a dealer if a handful of people from thsi board can tell me "yeah, I remember my 6 did that to me once a year or so ago.... hasn't happened since". At the same time, I don't want my airbag deploying while I'm driving back home on Sunday, either!

thanks,
-matt

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
For archiving and future reference purposes, here's an update. About 2 weeks ago, after getting to the point where the light was flashing almost immediately after startup, I took my 6 in to have its airbag recall attended to. Since doing this, I haven't yet seen the airbag light, even after taking it on a 5-hour round trip excursion this weekend.

-matt

1 - 4 of 4 Posts