Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

I so happy. I still have to make some adjustments.....like i have no functioning clutch lol.

Its quite peppy when you roll and pop into 2nd. It wants to go! So i have that figure out and i need to get some different mufflers, these are just too rusted to weld up anymore than i already have. I also need another battery, however it does start on the first kick now, even cold with no choke. Its definitly a little monster.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I can't wait to get my Honda up and running, but I need to get a battery charger, since it seems to be dead from being inside all winter. Have fun with that thing. :p

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have to inspect the clutch linkage today since .......well it doesn't work. I think i know why but i have that to do. And i'm also going to work on that noisy top end. Last thing i want is the timing chain to go after i just put one in.

·
Registered
137 Posts
My brother in law has a 76 cb 750 honda, that sat for about 15 years since he rode it last. He fired it up last summer, and no problems with it, so now he rides it to work. Also if you like older bikes, my mother still has my fathers old 1962 (i think thats the right year) honda dream 300, sitting in her garage.

·
Its not butter?!!!!1
4,968 Posts
^ Could you take any pics of the '62 Dream 300? I'm interested if its complete. How much?

While your bike is up and running 4cyl, I kind of killed mine at the same time.

Sand + washouts +street tires + steep downwards hills = ^That. (well before I glued as much as I could together, before I touched up the glued parts)
My front tire started slipping a bit on the thick fine sand and I couldn't keep it up. So the tail end bashed againest the HUGE dip. Even though I was ridding as fast as typical sprint walking/jogging speed. Fuck.... ah well heres my chance to get that Solo seat conversion :tup:

EDIT: (BTW, Where the hell do the other pieces go in such an instance? I searched the whole crash area and couldn't find the other pieces... WTF?)

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
The Honda looks great man, congrats on getting it running. You can probably pick up a nice set of no name upswept mufflers pretty cheap if you look around. I think I paid like $50/each for the old set I put on my XS400. mikesxs.com sells a good selection of universal pipes.

·
Its not butter?!!!!1
4,968 Posts
Damn... that really is a collectors bike. A piece of Hondas incredible history

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Those are rather large pieces that are missing too lol. You might be able to just re-fiberglass that entire piece of you can just cut a piece of plastic or something to cover that edge spot. How's the rest of the bike look. Tis a shame, she's a sexy beast at that.

But also while we on the subject of screwing stuff up the honda got hungry and tried to eat the tensioner guide for lunch. Which is why in that video you can hear the chain. It had no tension on it at all. Glad i figured that out now before it snapped and had history repeat itself. Upon unjamming it a bottom part of the tang on the tensioner guide broke off in the engine. So its coming off the frame today so i can crack open the bottom and find the fucker. I'm also getting a new guide.

I call it "CB360 part II: This time its personal!"

·
Registered
169 Posts
Aw man, Graham, I about cried when I saw that picture. That really sucks.
But on a positive note, keep up the good work, 4cylfun!

·
Its not butter?!!!!1
4,968 Posts
Meh, its all good. I've been wanting to get this solo rear for a while now, heres my chance

From these guys. not a bad deal at all...
06-08 Triumph 675 Hotbodies Race Bodywork

Fucking sucks though, the bike went from showroom condition with 17k on the odometer to smashed and crashed within 1/8 of a second. LOL.

Yeah I have NO fucking clue where the other (big) pieces went, I checked the WHOLE area.. .thats messed eh? Just disappeared practically.

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I like that seat, looks good. I should have a new tensioner guide and clutch throw-out cam(at least thats what i call it) later this week. Maybe friday it can finally move under its own "regulated" power without chatter. If so i'm slappin a plate on that bitch for the weekend.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts