Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok I put it on but there is alittle tit on top, where do I put the hose that goes to that ?.. ( I put it right on the boot of the air filter tube.. is that the right spot ? it fits good )

·
Registered
737 Posts
The "tit" you are speaking of is a hose barb and that has to feel Vacuum from the intake manifold. There should be a hose from there from your old BPV.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
im putting the turbo back in ,.. so I have no Idea what goes where.. matterfact where does the coolant hose ontop attach to ? oh and where exactly is the intake manifold, it sounds familier but I cant imagine where it is

G

·
itscard0man said:
im putting the turbo back in ,.. so I have no Idea what goes where.. matterfact where does the coolant hose ontop attach to ? oh and where exactly is the intake manifold, it sounds familier but I cant imagine where it is
Intake manifold is on the other side of the engine from where your working.

If you don't know what it is, you really shouldn't be trying to put a turbo on your car.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thats what I thought it was, just wasnt sure.. an I started putting the turbo in yesterday an Im practically done, just gotta get an oil line on an then find out where the coolant line goes

·
Registered
737 Posts
STOP, get a manual, before you do some damage and can't fix it.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
can someone post a picture of where the hose is supposed to go. because all I have now is the bov on it, the turbo is boosting and everything but the bov is not working.. I dont know where exactly to put the those from the tit.. can someone please help me

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
the hose for your BOV needs to have boost/vacuum reference, the same as a boost gauge.

But from the sounds of it, you should pick up the book "Maximum Boost" by corky bell, before you kill your motor

·
Banned
27,927 Posts
"boosting fine" untill your compressor wheel backspins because of surge that should either be vented or even better, recirculated. The bypass is an integral part of a turbo system, it is there for a reason. You run the risk of your impellar nut backing off (it's reversed thread) and from that point, bye bye turbo-shredded metal everywhere.

look at magik8's scans of the shop manual

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ight thanks everyone, I put it in today, and I really like it

1 - 10 of 10 Posts