Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
for my intake i uesd a ractive heat sheild filter mounted to the vaf.then i have a 90* 3" pvc elbow with female ends-the elbows end just fits inside the the filters opening - i secured the two together with an old piece of tire tube rubber cut into a strip and wrapped around the two,overlapping an inch or so with two 4" clamps.from the other elbow opening i have a 3" flexible hose running down to the splash sheild.so far it works fine,no problems with rain,and the sound above 4000 rpm when the second vris solenoid opens is awesome.

·
Registered
511 Posts
it sounds just like mine, except i used abs piping the whole way down. and it IS a COLD air intake. i'll get pics up when i get my digi cam. as long as the opening is down near the whole in the splash guard it will pick up the cold air from below the engine.

·
Registered
543 Posts
unless the entire filter is covered like the prm, or moved from the vaf to an area where it will get cold air like a hot shot, it is still sucking hot air. yes, it will suck in cold air through the pipe at speeds, but unless your filter is complety covevered on all sides, it will take in hot air. Here is a link with an excelent example on how to make an effective prm type intake that will keep the hot air out

http://www.mtco.com/~westcj/Brian/k&n.htm

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the filter is entirely sealed similar to the prm.it works great especially from 4000 and up,and the sound is incredible.my tube extends just below the splash sheild under the engine- sucking that nice cool air in.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts