Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok.. so i am putting another f2t in the probe and i am at the head gasket. i have been searching on here and i have seen that people like and dislike Felpro, importperformancepart.com, and there was another one that i cant remember off the top of my head. i believe i read about the felpro that it leaked some what at the collant ports and thats why some ppl didnt like it, if i remember correctly. but my question is what do you guys recommend. i am going to be running a gt28r. so i want to get a good one. so like i said, what do you guys use, or recommend.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
I ran 33psi on a t3/t04e 50 trim on the felpro gasket without an issue. I have also used it several times over the years and never once had an issue.

Nick

·
Banned
2,630 Posts
Felpro or Mazda Dealer

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok thanks guys. amd is the best, did you have to plain your head at all for any height issues?

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
ok thanks guys. amd is the best, did you have to plain your head at all for any height issues?
I'm not sure why there would be any height issues. It was a stock head on a stock block.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i didnt know if you had any issues, some of the guys on here were saying that the felpro was a little to thick, so they had to plain a bit on the head but if you didnt have any problems with 33psi then i think that i will take my chance with them.

·
Registered
4,171 Posts
i didnt know if you had any issues, some of the guys on here were saying that the felpro was a little to thick, so they had to plain a bit on the head but if you didnt have any problems with 33psi then i think that i will take my chance with them.

never had issue with felpro, even my felpro survive 15 run on dyno with 13.1 a/f while tunning
i will recomend felpro over mazda

1 - 8 of 8 Posts