Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Eternal College Student
4,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok this is kinda long but i promise an enjoyable read

well i just got a new job at this italian food place, and a girl there works for one of the local import car shops that specialize in honda and acura. she's a totally cool girl until you get her talking about those stupid ricer cars. well i tell her i have a mx-6 that's very modded, and she goes pfffttt that thing's probably still slow. then i ask her what she thinks is a fast car. without delay she proceeds to tell me how insanely fast integra type Rs are, and that she loves them blah blah blah. i said, yeah those are fast cars, but i play with them all day long. she goes "whaT?! i read on the internet the other day that they run a 13.9 bone stock" i just laughed and said that it was BS. we argue almost all night about it. she would not listen to me about my car so finally i was like "ok well you work at a honda shop right? do you know anybody who has one locally, because if you do i'll beat it in front of you" she goes yeah i have a bud who would be happy to come down here and whoop your ass for you. so she called him up on the phone and he's all like a mx-6? i dont want to waste the gas... blah blah. so i got on thep hone with him and admitted that a stock mx-6 would probably be a waste of gas, but that i would be a good race. he still was being cocky and said "well i'm on the other side of town and i'm not driving all the way over to race you unless we put money on it. i had 15 bucks in my tip jar, so i told him we could race for 15 dollars. he said fine. 20 minutes later he showed up. i went as soon as i got off the phone wtih him and started my car cuz it acts up when its cold. by the time he got to us it was all ready to put a whoopin on him. we went out in front of the store, and since the restaraunt was so dead pretty much all the cooks, the wait staff, and the manager came out to watch. there's a light right out front, so we lined up at it, and when it turned green he got a decent launch i think, and i know i did. i pulled almost 1 car on him by the end of 2nd, and then i didn't gain really anymore ground on him after that. so we go back to the parking lot and he's making an excuse that he missed second, but im like 99 percent positive that he didn't miss any gears. so he wanted to go double or nothing. we went again, this time he got nervous or something cuz his launch was horrible and he just spun all through first gear. i shut down around 50 because he was about 3 cars back. then i offered to let him redo it because i saw what happened. third time he peeled out again but not so bad. so i got 30 bucks and bought my friends a round of beers that night. he kinda admitted too that my car was faster, but still claimed he would beat me on the highway. i think on the highway he would, because at 114 my car stops!

its always fun to put the hurtin on those teggys, especially the type r. honda drivers think that a REAL type R is like the be all end all of fast cars. lord knows there are stock transams and cobras that would put us both to shame. at least i can admit it!

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
Nice kill, even better with the audience :). Its always fun to put an asshole in their place and make some money doing it. Also, I agree that there are many many stock cars out there than hand the type r its ass on a regular basis...my friend in his 89 formula firebird kills them all the time and he is stock, and they always refuse to belive him, claiming he has internal work or something :shrug:

-Bryce

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
20 minutes later he showed up
on the other side of town??? In Houston... he sounds as if he was down the street to be there in 20 minutes.

good kill man... how is all the legal stuff going by the way? Send me a PM if you are allowed to talk about it.

·
Premium Member
3,955 Posts
Nice kill on those Type-R :tup: You didn't mention the reaction of the cute gurl :D

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
hehe, i hate ppl like that. i will only own one honda, the only one worth owning. the s2000 :D all others i dont care about

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
SolarSlash said:
i will only own one honda, the only one worth owning. the s2000 :D all others i dont care about
NSX?

S2000s are overrated

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
SD6 said:
NSX?

S2000s are overrated
well ya, those rock too. i was looking for one before i got the s2k. but im a sucker for convertibles.

in what way do you believe they are overrated? sure the torque isnt there, however the HP is, and the driveability fun factor top notch.

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
I don't know, it just seems that there should be more GO with all the show. Don't get me wrong, I totally dig the car, but for the money I'd grab something LS1 powered.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Kick ass kill story.

Try to seperate paragraphs next time, it's much easier to read that way:tup:

We would like to know the reactioin of the girl too.

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
SD6 said:
I don't know, it just seems that there should be more GO with all the show. Don't get me wrong, I totally dig the car, but for the money I'd grab something LS1 powered.
oh there is plenty of go :D you have to pick the correct gear on the freeway tho.

G

·
mxmissle9 said:
those stupid ricer cars.

Hahahaha stupid Ricer cars. I have an acura and don't think is riced out and on top of that, I KNOW FOR A FACT THAT i CAN WHOOP YOUR ASS! }) Now, that's a given.

Stock Type Rs are ok. But I have an integra, does that consider me a slow ricer? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
848 Posts
Re: Re: another integra type R, and it felt SO good.

coroncho80 said:
Hahahaha stupid Ricer cars. I have an acura and don't think is riced out and on top of that, I KNOW FOR A FACT THAT i CAN WHOOP YOUR ASS! }) Now, that's a given.

Stock Type Rs are ok. But I have an integra, does that consider me a slow ricer? :rolleyes:
I have a friend with a 400hp+ boosted wide body J-spec head light conversion Integra, and belive it or not a lot of muscle car guys think it's rice until they get their ass handed to them (off a roll of course)

G

·
Re: Re: Re: another integra type R, and it felt SO good.

Juggalo said:
I have a friend with a 400hp+ boosted wide body J-spec head light conversion Integra, and belive it or not a lot of muscle car guys think it's rice until they get their ass handed to them (off a roll of course)
i wonder how much HP those headlight conversions added.... :D

just messin...lol

·
Registered
238 Posts
I just KNOW you're pleasantly missing the absence of alll that shyt-talking that chick was doin while you two were at work. Bet she's quiet as a church mouse now...Either that or always has three excuses in her back pocket when the subject comes up. Oh.... he was misfiring.. Or I know another guy that even faster.. Or he really wasn't trying to race you...

I wonder what the work enviornment is like now.

G

·
SD6 said:
NSX?

S2000s are overrated
You'd take that back after you saw one autocross. The S2000 is a very well balanced car. Racing (road course especially, but autocross too) is all about balance. Watch some Best Motoring dvd's and you'll probably change your mind a little about the S2k.

·
Registered
848 Posts
I personally think the S2K kick's ass, it look's really good, it's a rag top, 6 speed, RWD, and respond's to mods very well. Though it's not a great 1/4 mile car the top end hp is insane for a NA 4 cyl.

The 04 S2000 got a bump in displacement to 2.2L which gave it a little more much needed bottom end tourqe, but dropped the redline (not sure to what)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts