Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, ive read for the past week the ''entire forum'', ok maybe not but i ve read too much stuff here, a lot of good info. I own a mazda protege 2002, i will put a kl-de in my car, yes it fits, did it many times... lol

im looking to put an m62 clutched supercharged in the a/c location.
i know you need to relocate the oil filter and fo a custom bracket ... but im interested by the numbers ...

because at the begining i was going to do a KL-ZE swap with many add-on but this swap starts to be too common, so i would like to do different, i am looking for 200-220hp at the crank ... is it possible with this setup ? this setup would be intercooled.

i think that if you use the stock poulie from the charger it boost at 3-4 psi right?, i think that because of the intercooler i will maybe loose 1 or 2 psi.

ive heard that some peaople change the motor poulie and some the charger poulie, whtas the difference ...

i live in montreal in quebec canada, i have some difficultier w/ my english so sometime i dont understand perfectly what people are saying in their post this is why im a bit mix up ...

thanks guys

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Provided you can actually get a stock KL to run in your car, i would definately lean torwards NOT using the supercharger. I have a ZE'd 93 LS and it makes about 170whp, and i have headers and a borla, otherwise stock, even US ECU. I think having 200hp at the flywheel(about 170 wheel) is easily obtainable without the pain of using forced induction, making a pulley system, tuning, etc etc... Just because it's been done over and over doesn't mean its bad. It just means that there is info out there went you hit a snag. Theres a reason being unique is being unique. its either hard, ugly, stupid or not worth it. I would go with the latter on this instance.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
im not the king of person who choose the easiest way usally, i like when its unique because it means hard work, i know that all the trouble of the sc compare to the swap a ze is a lot more trouble ... but if i can reach the number of the klze with a de_ sc ill be more than happy ...

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
um. a ZE or DE, the swap would take the same effort. Its the same engine with more power. My car needed ZERO modifications to run the engine. Zero. the same amount of work would go into a ZE swap VS a DE. End of discussion. If you wanted say, 250 WHEEL hp, i'd say go boost. But to put all that effort in mounting a blower in front of the motor for what, 210fly wheel hp? thats excessive. Thats like putting a 2 barrell 305 SBC in an S10. Marginally faster than a 4.3, could've gone with a 350 with the same effort.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i dont need 250 wheel hp, and my point isnt what is more complicated or not ... i only want to clarify the points in my first post, in MY opinion its way more creative to have a de + sc than a ze in a protege ... and i think that this part is my choice ... i understand your point, and i agree that i would be a lot easier with a turbo ... but i like to be different ... hope you understand what i mean

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
welp, not many people put SC in mx6's. they're more common in probes as there is a little bit more room under the hood

1 - 6 of 6 Posts