Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Very clean Neon, blue. No stickers or whatever....it looked like an SRT-4 but he had stripped off the emblems (the SRT4 emblems).

My daughter was following me home from Best Buy (driving her 1995 Honda Civic Vtec). She's going to do whatever she wants anyway...and I wasn't about to miss out on an opportunity to see how the MX6 faired against an SRT4.

I pulled up, he had his window down...kind of chillin'...he noticed me as I pulled next to him..."you should win you know..." I told him....he's like...."oh...you wanna go?"....and it was on (he was cool).

Light turned green, and up to around 60mph he put my front bumper at his rear bumper (maybe he got a little further), and after around 60ish then began putting much more distance between us then we began approaching another light.

We pull up to the next light......"IS THAT THING turbocharged or something?" he excitedly asks....."yes sir...."....lol. "I KNEW it had to be he says."

The next light was a going to a LONG 3 lane straight away--I occasionally taker up to 90mph if there's no one out there.

We take off. By the time we got to 90ish, he had put 3 or more carlengths on me.

(my daughter was soooo far behind....LOL...and I'm pretty sure she was giving the Civic hell...cause she'd pull up to the lights 5 or 6 seconds after we did.......)

That was FUN!!! I got drove easy the rest of the way home (about 7 miles of 45ish mph), and the turbo and manifold were still glowing! (I gave that car hell!).

I just can't wait to start modding the other one MX6.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
haha nice one! good to see your out and about giving the 1st gen a good name! :)

props

david

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
just wait till you give that bitch 16psi to feed on ;) you'll more than likely have that same srt4 on your back bumper and have him play catch up :tup:

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
HotAss6GT said:
just wait till you give that bitch 16psi to feed on ;) you'll more than likely have that same srt4 on your back bumper and have him play catch up :tup:
...don't tease me...LOL....

It will be a long time coming....but I really want 16psi....that is my goal. If all goes well....maybe a little NOS.

But for now, that's all BS talk....I'll post about it when the talk begins transferring to action...LOL

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
it doesn't take much....a walbro 190lph fuel pump ($89), Joe P MBC ($40) and autometer phantom boost gauge ($50). ;)

see...it doesn't take much

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
HotAss6GT said:
it doesn't take much....a walbro 190lph fuel pump ($89), Joe P MBC ($40) and autometer phantom boost gauge ($50). ;)

see...it doesn't take much
I thought I had to get larger injectors in addition to the fuel pump? I've already got a boost guage...and a Dawes boost control......Joe P MBC....hmmm? Is that like the Dawes? Cause $40 is cheap.

BTW, I'm running close to 12psi now.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The other MX6 has the Zombie SS chip....that is the car I'm going to fix up (it is a 1991, not compatible with the 1989 I'm driving now.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Yes yes my friends the 1st gen will be back on the road early this week with new tires at 12psi...and I will be a hunting...check the mod list

·
Registered
39 Posts
Nice death. Now thats the typical srt-4 owner not looking for a race but always up for one!!!!
I found this thread over on a forum im on. Its a local one so plz dont tell them i linked you. Im fourbanger over there, its f'n hillarious i thought you guys might get a laugh outta it.

pfft. forgot to post the link :urg:
http://www.tristatetuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7639&page=1&pp=20

·
Registered
185 Posts
Nice death, suprised the SRT-4 actually got a good launch, most stock SRT's run 2.3-2.4 60 foots with an occasional 2.2 (meaning 0-60 times are at about 6 secs flat) but once they gain traction they pull like a mofo. Sounds like your turbo 1st gen has got alot of midrange power, what can you do to raise the top end a little more?

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
welcome back nolimits :tup:

from what i've seen...it's a little difficult getting any top end out of the 1g GT's....could be head design or the turbo itself. most peak tq numbers are pre 3500 rpms and peak hp is right around 4500 rpms.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
as far as rasing the bar:

The other MX6 GT is a 1991. It has:
T-bird turbo,
Zombie Chip,
dawes boost control,
RX7 performance clutch (which bites like a biatch),
MSD ignition,
some sort of free-flowing muffler,
I seem to remember some "in line" fuel pump...whatever,
and there might be a couple of other minor mods
(I took the K&N drop in filter and put it on the 1989 for now).

The suspension and everything seems to be VERY clean (including new shocks....but not compatible with the adjustable suspension of the MX6).

Why am I not driving that car instead of the 1989?

The 1989 is running good, it has a few bugs, but running good.......As far as the 1991....I know that it needs:

5th gear (it pops out)--Biggest problem--pretty much WHY I don't drive it.
Exhaust manifold--I think it's warped--can't build consistant boost...another reason not to drive it.
A/C work
Needs a Catalytic Converter (to pass inspection--it currently doesn't have one).
Needs a new dash, stereo work
...lastly, Nathan painted the black plastic trim white.....which looks like crap to me.....in addition, I think the car needs a paint job......maybe several wax jobs could bring out its "inner beauty", but I'm kind of hooked on Red (which is the 1989 MX6 color---I waxed the hell out of it a couple of weeks ago---it looks MUCH BETTER!!! I love RED on this car--I used to love blue on it...LOL

And whatever else I run into. This is why I can't wait to start working on it....LOL. I'm very excited.....I think I'll begin the work around Christmas....5th gear, new manifold (maybe custom), then the other stuff.

The Dash looks LIKE CRAP! (cracked to hell and back....I need a blue dash!)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts