Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...of road legal motoring ahead.
She passed the MOT today with no probs at all.
HIDs and LED sidelights still in there too. :D

The new certificate is huge though.. full A4 page.
Also allows me to buy road tax online next year.. may give it a go just to see

Just thought I'd share the happiness

·
Premium Member
10,821 Posts
Great news Russ :)
Although technically the HID's are not "E" approved, they usually pass the MOT as the light cutoff is so defined...

A while to go for me yet... (May)

On another note... While showing a clean pair o heels to a Megane earlier today.. noticed the clutch slipping a bit :( hope it lasts a bit longer yet..

John

·
Premium Member
574 Posts
DOH!!!!!

Glad you passed Russ! Congrats.

John - Not a slipping clutch? At your age? You must have to go to stage III to get one that keeps up with you!

I've got an MOT next week, I know she's gonna need front discs (buypartsby - £10 plus vat each), but the sore one is the rear brake pipes.................(advisory last year), but everything else should be tickety boo (I hope - updates here!).

Keep yer fingers crossed guys.........

Cheers

G

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Nice one Russ... Mines not due until April, lot's of work to before then... Possibly rear droplinks and some engine work.

·
Premium Member
574 Posts
Rear droplinks - 1991(?) Nissan Micra - save yourself a fortune...........

G

·
Registered
550 Posts
Don't go the Mazda route for rear brake pipes Storm, try to get a local garage to do them with normal brake piping (can't remember the name of it).

Or at least get a quote, the pipe itself will be much cheaper and I wouldn't think labour involved would be any longer.

I had mine done earlier this year, fortunately college have a motor vehicle dept and they did them for just the cost of parts. Total cost, including DOT fluid £13!!

·
Registered
550 Posts
Nice one Russ. I hate to think what mine might need April/May time.

I know it had problems with emissions last time but it passed as its age is on the borderline for CAT/no CAT.

Can they tell if emissions are poor from the engine or if it is just the CAT?

·
Premium Member
10,821 Posts
If the Cat has gone.. the CO will be way high...

Usually, it's either the O2 sensors, dirty air filter, or cat..

with regards to the brake lines... make sure the new ones have copper in them.. easy to tell by the colour... they resist corrosion..
Mazda ones will be steel, and painted to prevent rust..

John

·
Registered
900 Posts
MOT'd the RX-7 earlier in the week.... No problems what so ever, not bad for a 15 yr old car. He did mention the small square front plate, but passed it anyway. Didin't even mention the HID lights I got a few weeks ago!
I didn't get one of those new MOD certs tho, just the usual small one with the greasy thumb print on it!

W

1 - 9 of 9 Posts