Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does enybody knows how to make my power antenna
come out not fully but only half of it or smth.
It looks very funny when it's 1 meter long....

:mad:

·
Registered
39 Posts
if you dont mind it always being exposed, you can get an aftermarket aerial (what the Brits call em). there is a previous string somewhere about this. do a search on "antenna" and you should find the brand name and some pics too i think. i'm about to relplace my antenna mast tomorrow so i'll check it out for ya.
just had a thought:
you might be able to cut the internal white plastic mast rod insert from the top so the motor still pushes it all the way out from the bottom but just not as far anymore. be careful , replacement masts are not cheap. like anything from a dealer is. good luck

·
Registered
359 Posts
I replaced mine

I replaced my antenna becasue it would not go down. I had to go to the dealership and they showed me that it broke inside. So I bought a brand new Mazda one and it cost me $150.00 CDN Installled.

I thought it would cost a lot more but I'm happy with the price. I also hate the after market antenna's they look like crap. If I where you just spend the money and replace the antenna.

·
Registered
806 Posts
You could probably cut the plastic chain inside to keep it from fully extending. I make no guarantees on this though.

·
Registered
357 Posts
fubu is clothes... fuba is the antenna... close tho

fubas are really nice. JPMX6GT has one on the back... i'm curious what it would look like on the front... that's what i'm getting.. shaving the old antenna and getting a Fuba. they are much cleaner.

·
Registered
193 Posts
if your stock antenna goes up and down you only need to change the mast, not the motor. The mast goes for like $25 or $30, alot cheaper than the whole thing but a pain in the butt to change. do a search for antenna mast or changing antenna and you should find a thread on it.

hr

·
Registered
104 Posts
Along the same lines, is there a way to make the attenna stay down with a button? Like for instance, I mainly listen to CDs anyway and dont need the attenna.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts