Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My antenna motor died this morning. Will most auto parts stores carry a replacement? Does anyone know which motor type, or #, a 6 needs?

G

·
does the antenna motor make any noise once you flip the switch?

if it does and your atennas not movin, the teethed plastic wire inside the motor is off-track, it can easily be fixed.

good luck

G

·
Heya,

I just recently bought a MX-6 (1993, V6 2.5 LS, ATX) and is there any way to shave the attenna or just replace it with a smaller one?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
no noise..

it's totally dead.

G

·
Ended up going to a junkyard a friend of a friend owns and buying a motor for $5. Next project will be to fix door locks, door handle needs to be up for doors to lock, odd enough?

·
Registered
95 Posts
you are supposed to lift the handle when you are locking the door that is just how they work

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
nick said:
Ended up going to a junkyard a friend of a friend owns and buying a motor for $5. Next project will be to fix door locks, door handle needs to be up for doors to lock, odd enough?
Yes, it's a feature on some cars. You have to lift the handle in order to close the door and leave it locked. If you lock the door and then close it without holding it up, it will not lock.

I still can;t believe that I left the doors on my old 91 240SX unlocked for like a year before finding out that I had to close it while lifting the handle. :):):):):)

G

·
might I dare ask what the benefit in this is? At first, I'd think so you can easily not lock the door if you don't want too, but it's not like it's auto lock, you still need to flip the lock switch. So you flip the lock switch, than don't hold the handle up, and the door doesn't lock. This isn't a feature, it's bad engineering ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts