Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1996 g2.

I was wondering if any of you could tell me if there is a ignition switch on conditioned 12v wiring to the power antenna? My antenna hasn't worked since I got the car, I assumed the motor was dead b/c previous owner had it unplugged (and I tried plugging it in).

I put in an amp yesterday and was planning to us the ignition or ACC on 12v from the antenna to tell my amp when to turn on and off. Metered red to ground go 12 volts. Metered blue/red to ground and got zero volts, howerver my amp had power when it was connected to the blue/red to ground? Yeah go figure that one. I was thinking maybe I have a bad relay? Wanted to see if anyone could give me a definate on the wire color of the ignition or ACC on, for the antenna.

Thanks a bunch!
Chris

·
Registered
245 Posts
1996 g2.

I was wondering if any of you could tell me if there is a ignition switch on conditioned 12v wiring to the power antenna? My antenna hasn't worked since I got the car, I assumed the motor was dead b/c previous owner had it unplugged (and I tried plugging it in).

I put in an amp yesterday and was planning to us the ignition or ACC on 12v from the antenna to tell my amp when to turn on and off. Metered red to ground go 12 volts. Metered blue/red to ground and got zero volts, howerver my amp had power when it was connected to the blue/red to ground? Yeah go figure that one. I was thinking maybe I have a bad relay? Wanted to see if anyone could give me a definate on the wire color of the ignition or ACC on, for the antenna.

Thanks a bunch!
Chris
There should be wiring diagrams around. Don't use the p. ant wires for a remote for your amps, your amps will only turn on with radio. Once you put a cd in, it will shut the amp off (p. ant isnt used during cd play).

·
Registered
12,045 Posts
There should be wiring diagrams around. Don't use the p. ant wires for a remote for your amps, your amps will only turn on with radio. Once you put a cd in, it will shut the amp off (p. ant isnt used during cd play).
Just use the ACC power line that turns the radio on instead. It's easier to access at the radio harness than it is from the ignition switch (those wires are very fat).

Heck, you could use the power wire from your lighter even since the Mazda only has it on while the ignition is in ACC/ON if it's easier for you to figure out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts