Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

i was just wondering if anybody has put that one kind of antenna that is like black/rubbery it kind of bends down at the top(maybe u know what i am talking about)
because i want to get one cause my stock antenna is bent and doesnt go up and down very well
i was just wondering if i have to do anything special since the stock one is automatic and this new one isnt?
any work involved??

thanx

peace

·
Smot-Poker
1,499 Posts
ahh yess

my understanding with those is , that they are for show only and are not an actual functional antenna...

but i dunno for sure

cheers

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hmmmmmmmm.....

maybe we are talking about different things, because i have a few friends who have them on their rides but none of them had automatic antennas before....

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
From whati have seen is that most put them some where else rather than they stock antenna place. because they shave that off. i know somebody had one on here with pics. go to the pic post and it was a light blue TC Spoiler Kit mx6 with monsoon wheels and a tack in it with little things on the dash.

·
Premium Member
3,965 Posts
They are called Fuba Antenna's my friends. I have one on my Mx6. Looks tight. They are just for show only. It stays on with 3M tape that you peel off the bottom of the antenna. They do make the real ones, but it requires alittle work to have them installed.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
PimpTown said:
Hey everyone,

i was just wondering if anybody has put that one kind of antenna that is like black/rubbery it kind of bends down at the top(maybe u know what i am talking about)
because i want to get one cause my stock antenna is bent and doesnt go up and down very well
i was just wondering if i have to do anything special since the stock one is automatic and this new one isnt?
any work involved??

thanx

peace
Yes, you're talking about the roof mount antennas right? Like you see on the VW's and Audis? They're not called Fuba antennas, Fuba makes a roof mount antenna. I have one for my car. The install is very simple and only requires you to disconnect the antenna wire from teh factory power antenna module and run it to the roof mount antenna. Then just remove the headliner, drill a hole and install the antenna with the bundeled hardware. I'll have pics of it when I do it one of these weekends...

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
sorry everyone but im not talking about the the center mount one, like on the VW and jetta or whatever
its just a simple antenna that is rubber u can just replace it where the stock one is
i was just wondering what will happen when it trys to go up/down when i turn my car off/on....

im sorry its kinda hard to explain...
thanx for ur time tho...

peace

·
Registered
24 Posts
Just unplug the motor for the antena(or take the whole thing out) and plug in the actual antena wire into the new antena. There should be two different wireharnesses one for motor and one for antena.
Post a pic when you get done so i can see what it will look like because my antena is too bent to go up and down also and i kind of want to replace it.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanx i will try this weekend and try to post pics....

thanx

peace

·
Registered
830 Posts
Yeah, I think I know what you talking about. They look like a radio antenna, but it's for cars. And I think you should be able to get them at Radioshack. I also think that Pepboys also have them, too.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts