Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys...a question...
I have a '93 5 spd with 109000 miles...I want to drain the antifreeze and fill it back up...how do I do it myself...I have no MX-6 book nor am I too familiar with this stuff...

Also anyone can tell me what happens when i turn my wheel at slow speeds or at a standstill, I hear a noice in the front end like a knocking noise...

Can anyone help me with these...sorry I am so long

·
Registered
193 Posts
antifreeze...I ended up taking it to a penske shop and had it flushed for $40. Needed it too, lost almost all color in the old fluid...

a clunking might be cv joint or boot or tierod. had them done awhile back on mine for like $300. (both boots, one tierod), hmm, that was awhile ago, mighta been less?
hr

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks...I will go to a shop and have it flushed...I did change the boots and CV joints about 6 mths ago...but I will look into the tierod...any idea about costs on that?

·
Registered
193 Posts
not sure but I think a tierod might go for like 50 or 60 bucks, plus labor. could also be a strut, strut mount or something. hopefully someone else on here might have a better idea.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I have that same problem with mine making that noise it is probably your strut mount don't worry about it until you need new struts. Nothing should happen to your car.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts