Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I was just wondering if there were any 6 owners in Seattle? It would be cool to get together sometime.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
MX6 in Seattle

I am in Seattle, on Capital Hill. I have a 94 Black, ATX that I am getting ready to lower, new shocks/struts and e-spec headlights....more mods later.

How long have you had your MX6?

What do you know about cars? I have tons of knowledge.

My e-mail at home is: [email protected]

·
Registered
118 Posts
There are several MX-6 owners, incliding myself, who are active members of Probes Northwest. Here is our forum;

http://www.probetalk.com/forums/viewforum.php?forum=65&682

I have to warn you though, most of the people have gotten to be pretty good friends and they can take some of the joking too far. Don't let that scare you off. They really are a cool bunch of people. The club seems to get together more and more often as membership grows and people get to know each other. In fact, most of the active members just went to Canada a couple of weekends ago and met up with some Probe/MX-6 owners. The next meet will probably go down within a month, but nothing is 'in the works' yet.

·
Registered
154 Posts
GIG HARBOR!!

I live in gig harbor, I have a silver 93 mx-6 with exhaust, front rear upper strut tie bars, and stickers!

·
Registered
154 Posts
GIG HARBOR!!

I live in gig harbor, I have a silver 93 mx-6 with exhaust, front rear upper strut tie bars, and stickers, AND A EREBUNI FIBERGLASS RACING HOOD!!!!!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Seattle MX-6 1st Gen Owner

I live in Bellvue and i kinda am learning about cars right now and i dont know anything but i'd love to learn if any one whants to waste some time with me. Also i whant to sell my MX-6 if any one is intrested. I'm looking for a newer car and faster better than the car that i got. And would apreciate any tips about cars and places where i can start learning. I also got a Ford Taurus 1999 For sale and a Dodge Neon 2000. If any one intersted email me.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I live in Lacey WA. Mine is white w/black trim. If I get full time from my job I'll be able to get my engine rebuilt this summer.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Seeking Advice on how to install a Cd player in a 1st gen MX6

My MX6 has the orginal radio on it that came with it and i whant to change it and put a CD Player in my car and when i took the shuff out to put my cd palyer i got lost in the whires and i didn't whant to mess it up and then not have any kind of muzic and i figured since you guys have more experience with cars and Steros i should ask for your advice. I'm looking for a configuration on the whires. They are mostly blue and with stripes on them or green. I dont know witch goes where and i realy don't whant to fry my car because i'll never get anoter one if i **** it up. So if any one can help me please do.

Hey thx anyway.
If you guys live in State of Washington i would love to meet sometimes and talk about cars.

·
Registered
41 Posts
as long as u know what colors the aftermarket deck is.... u can get a "METRA KIT" that bolts up to the factory harness... not a hard job... ohh yeah... aslo need a kit to go down stereo sizes 1.5 din - 1.0 din...thats about it

·
Registered
41 Posts
u dont need to know what the stock wires are... the aftermarket harness bolts right into the factory one... u just ned to know what the wires to the aftermarket deck are

·
Registered
118 Posts
Hopefully you posted the same question in the audio forum.

I know nothing about 1st gen.s.
If the factory wiring harness (plug) is still in tact, you're in luck. All you need is a wiring harness from Crutchfield or a stereo shop. (As Glen already mentioned.) The puchased harness will plug into your factory harness. ( No cutting of the cars original wires. :) ) The loose wires of the purchased harness will splice with the loose wires of the aftermarket CD player. The harness and the CD player should come with instructions telling which color wires do 'what', so that you can figure out which wires to connect to each other.

PNW will be having another meet July 7th in Tacoma. Maybe you can get some help there, too.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts