Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Ive got a red stock 93' 4cyl 5sp six. Ive had it about 2 years but im jus now gettin to tha point of fixing it up. All that ive done so far is put 16.5 mazda speed rims on. Any idea's for cosmetic and performance wise ? Try keepin tha idea's simple an inexpensive..lol.

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
mmmmmmmmm.......... liiiiip.......

im a big fan of front lips. you might want to get new headlights, u can get halos(if u can find them), especs, jspecs, also u can do a civic projector conversion.

im doing the civic projector conversion next week when they come along with gts covers so hopefully you wont even be able to see the gaps.... HOPEFULLY, idk i see how they turn out when i get them.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
headlight conversions and stuff are generally pretty expensive, and i heard the civic one requires some sort of body work at some point along the way. thats why i suggested he do the lip...its a bit cheaper and can make the car stand out a bit more

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Indiglo gauges are like $25-30 + shipping, www.procarparts.com ...CAI will give you a little "push", search the forums for "prelude intake" or a variation of that, then search on ebay, etc....Short throw shifter- www.rr-racing.com ....front lip is a good idea if u think u can paint it to match yourself it will be alot cheaper to do, a cavalier lip will fit w/ some help from your buddy Mr Heat Gun, also maybe a 240 lip? havent done it, but I have heard it mentioned.....

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Remeber guys, this is a 4cyl 5 speeds.

This is the recommended list, I wrote the 4 cyl FAQ so you might want to look at it in the Performance section.

1. Front Lip (easiest and will change the look so much)
2. Lower the car (Eibach and KYB is fine)
3. FSZE Intake cams (cheapest 10hp ever invented)
3a. Don't do exhaust cams, as they are the same profile as the 03
4. CAI (buy the long tube *almost 2 feet long* CAI for an Integra GSR anbd it is a direct fit)
5. Headers (Get them from SSautochrome on eBay and they are dirt cheap)
6. Get a cat back from any exhaust shop, mandrel bent is best but 2.25 crush bend alone will unleash that 2.0L of fury.

After all of that you shuld have a decent looking car putting close to the 150hp mark if your able to do some port and polish to the head and intake manifold. Considering the 4 cyl weights in around 2500 lbs that's pretty decent V6 territory performance.

Or you can always take the easy way out, sell the RS, put in about 500 and get an LS :D

Here's mine lowered with Eibach and a front lip....UNPAINTED.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts