Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is really getting annoying i can't figure it out, at around 5300 and above the car jerks spits and sputters and will not build power, now i know that these cars don't have much for top end but this is just rediculus normally the car would run fine. It's been doing this since i changed the manifold gaskets something isn't right but i am stumped.

Also the car will sometimes hit boost cut, now i have searched but didn't find the answer it's not often but it still does. This car is a daily driver and it never did it until after the mani gaskets got changed. The plugs, wires, cap, rotor, fuel filter have all been changed. When i rev it up then let off the gas the idle will drop to the point where it almost stalls then slowly the idle will come back up to normal but i can still hear through the exhaust that it doesn't run right. Going down the road normal driving the car runs great but under boost or at an idle it is for crap. i know, i know check the TTB but its been replaced, i do have custom hardpipes, 2.25 turboback exhaust could it be something as small as a boost leak but i dont know where to look. watching the air fuel meter (faze) going down the road it dances like it should but when under boost its full rich i need help guys please any suggestion would be greatly appriciated.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Well obviously if your exhaust gaskets are leaking,(putt putt sounds and soot and you can here your motor more) then your going to get a boost leak. But it wouldn't make your car sputter and shit at idle. Hows the vaccum on the gauge?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i know what the exhaust gaskets sound like and its not that. as far as the vaccum gauge when i let off the gas and let the idle drop the rpms will fall to 500 and the gauge will show between 13-15 then it will idle up and level off to 18-20 and rpms are at normal 750-800 it almost feels like its somewhere in the ignition but its got new everything except the distributor.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts