Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am just starting to wonder if ANYONE has a MX6 in Cali. I am looking to buy one (a second gen. LS) but I have not found one for sale yet, and its been a month!!!! if anyone has one in cali and wants to sell let me know. I really would like to own one of these sweet @ss rides. cuz i dont want to end up drivin a Honda:(

·
Registered
511 Posts
i live in central cali an hour north of Santa Barbara. i drove all the way down to San Diego to buy my mx6. go to autotrader.com and excite and search the classifieds you will find some but they are hard to come by. just keep looking and be willing to travel. i'm glad i did.

so where are you in cali?

·
Registered
511 Posts
DUH

i just read you are in san luis - cool. i live in little ol Lompoc. I think that there are only 3 other mx6s in town and all are bone stock. i will never buy a car unless i can go a whole day without seeing another one. i love these 6s

·
Registered
169 Posts
I found a few '93s in LA at some local dealers. (Culver City, Hawthorne, East Los Angeles)

I (my brother actually) ultimately found mine through a Yahoo auto search. This guy in Pasedena was selling.

They're hard to find, but they are out there.

ps: I think the one in Culver City is still there. It is a white 93 LS with all the goodies.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks guys

thanks for the info. I have my dad out looking for me right now, he is a sales manager at a car dealership where i live. which is good cuz he has been in the biz for like 20 years so he knows everyone, and i can get the car at wholesale price:) just have to hold out for an LS 5speed:(

·
Registered
511 Posts
trickfiveoh

i saw a 4 cyl mx6 on excite classifieds for sale down where i got my car at in San diego. it has only 58k miles or something low like that. 93 and he's asking 5800. 5spd also.

what i did was take the amtrack down to SD and spend the weekend and went to sea world with my g/f and then drove my new car home. got 35mpg on the freeways doing 75mph also!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
surfstar

thats cool, but i am lookin for a V-6 5 speed, i will keep looking around Cali. and i might just make a road trip in order to buy one.

·
Registered
511 Posts
keep checking the photo ads. for a while they had a couple mx6s in Mid-state motors in atascadero. i think they were I4 though.

when you do find one, check a couple things like if there is oil in the spark plug wells, the condition of the CV boots, and when the timing belt was changed. all that maintenance can add up if it wasn't done yet.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Man, i live in sacramento. i have see so many MX-6 in my city since i brought my... in my city newspaper i'll see few of them each months. i don't think is really hard to find them, and some time is really cheap for a V6 too. i had saw some like 4 to 5K $ only, but too bad, i already got my 4cyl.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I've got one too many. The v6 I have for sale needs some work, but it's a steal. See Ebay 594109544 or call me (707)782-0819.

·
Registered
26 Posts
San Jose

anyone around San jose?

·
Registered
511 Posts
Kryptide said:
anyone sport Santa Barbara? like me.
what color 6 you got?

i just moved to SB from lompoc. going to SBCC and UCSB. still drive to work in lompoc twice a week. i drive a viper blue 2.0L mx6. no spoiler yet and still on stock wheels until christmas.

welcome to the board.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Yo

I live in Ladera Ranch like by Mission Viejo.
I have a dope MX-6 you probably will see me racin' around.
Go to South County auto sports Friday nights Ill be there. Its in Mission Viejo.
Later.
P.S.- My name is Soltan w/ a Black MX-6.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Dont know if you found a mx6 yet or bought one, but i have a 93 LS V6 for sale in the Berkeley area. A good price, and the car is in pretty good shape. If youre interested, Ill send you the details.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Yo

Anyone live in Southern California.
I'll race anyone?
Just bring it!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts