Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Due to the mx (i was going to buy), being sold i am now looking at a 626 for sale. Do any of u guys have any pics of an 87 one? could u pls post em here.

Cheers
Steve. (p.s. i will be keeping the 626 only for a couple of months till i can find a nice first gen mx)

·
Registered
304 Posts
626 turbo

i have a '90 model 626 turbo which has the same motor and running gear as a 1st gen mx6. Are you aware that the '87 model has the 2L single port SOHC motor. Which i don't believe is a very good motor at all, but if you want like the shape then go for it!

·
Registered
4,334 Posts
You could buy my mothers TX5..... just need to find out what is wrong with the gearbox. I will do that in a couple of weeks though. Could be nothing.

Pics in the for sale thread.

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
I imagine 87 would be the older shape single cammer. Not a really flash peice of equipment, but if you like them I dont see why not. Still able to get them going quickly pretty easy.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the feedback fellas, i think ill wait for an mx! lol:D

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
At the same time, dont knock back an 87 onwards tx5 or I think its 90?? the same shape 626 came out.

This is the model I mean anyway. Thats my effort. Obviously a little different paint scheme.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeh i rang the guy up hoping he would say 'late 1987 2.2 ltr turbo' but unfortunately he said it was the 2 ltr model to wich i uninterested in. thanks for the help anyway guys

Steve:)

·
Registered
5,273 Posts
Re: 626 turbo

MitchW said:
Are you aware that the '87 model has the 2L single port SOHC motor. Which i don't believe is a very good motor at all, but if you want like the shape then go for it!
Its a good motor :) least in my eyes..for its age they still go hard :) take a good thrashing and still go strong.

timtx5 said:
I imagine 87 would be the older shape single cammer. Not a really flash peice of equipment, but if you like them I dont see why not. Still able to get them going quickly pretty easy.
Yup, all thats needed to fit the later model F Series engines is the torque stoper mount on the drivers side :) Plus being lighter then the later model GD's they already have a leg up...pitty they wernt a little more stylish :)

·
Registered
304 Posts
yer they are a good motor for what they are, (only test drove a Few) but if he was expecting the performace of the F2T i don't think the 2L would compare unless modified.

But good point about swapping the FE3T, would make a really mean sleeper :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts