Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What kind of TB its an upgrade for the Stock TB of F2T or FE3? not necesary to fit like the stock TB, it can be a TB with minors mods to the intake manifold to put it

Thanks

·
Registered
8,579 Posts
He's talking about an actual throttle body, not just a different boot. As for upgrades, I havent heard of any put people have talked about how the automatic TB is different and would be better but I dont think anything has happened with that.

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
tyler886 said:
Its quite obvious he doesnt know what hes talking about, therefore he should have stayed out of the thread. I dont post in threads containing [shizzle] I dont know answers to. It was his own mistake, he asked for it :shrug:

-Tyler

tyler886 said:
I really need to start reading shlt before I post :sigh: Thats the 2nd time this week.

-Tyler
Interesting......

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
BoOsted_Rafi

There are no direct upgrades I've found yet for the F2T throttle body's, I heard tell of an early 90's company that made a few singal flapp Tb's, then disapearded.
I fitted a second large flapp in place of a small one, this requires both a standard and automatic TB and precise cutting, any gaps lead to irratic Idle.
You could measure sizes of TB's at the wrecking yard but removing the Thottle position sensor and BAC controller will require stand alone.

I would not recomend putting an automatic Tb in a 5speed, It allows more torque in early rpm and with the smaller gears of a 5speed trany that means more wheel spin.

I would stat with a set of custom Intercooler pipes and boots.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts