Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought all of you might have advice for how to make sure a high mileage (138k) 1990 MX6 DX passes the emissons part of the saftey inspection. I think I have everything else covered like ball joints and lights and wipers, but you never know about the smog check.

I was going to replace the plugs, air filter and maybe the O2 sensor as the wire from the sensor is frayed and I don't know if the sensor is still working. I was also thinking about resetting the ECU. Does all of this sound good? Any other tips?

Thanks.

Bill

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
if you replaced the parts that you mentioned I think you should be good to go Ive had both my cars pass inspection in the last 6 months. My dx 198k miles got less than 5% of the limit in everything and my gt 156k miles got less than 2% of the limit in everything.

These cars generally whoop some emmisions booty.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
TiZBaD99 said:
if you replaced the parts that you mentioned I think you should be good to go Ive had both my cars pass inspection in the last 6 months. My dx 198k miles got less than 5% of the limit in everything and my gt 156k miles got less than 2% of the limit in everything.

These cars generally whoop some emmisions booty.
Thanks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts