Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car is in for a service tomorrow and the mazda dealer uses texaco halvoline oil.

just wondered what your views are. Or do I just get mobil 1 and get them to put that in?

cheers in advance

·
Banned
55 Posts
texaco havoline is not synthetic AFAIK.
UK owners use Comma 5W-30 synthetic oil from any Motor Factors (see yellow pages) for 40% less than a Mortgage-1. £17 ex VAT per 5L is a very good alternative to Mobil 1 which costs an arm and leg in UK.

·
Premium Member
3,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can only find mobil 1 0w-40 or 15w-40 at the local parts store.
What do you guys suggest?

·
Registered
257 Posts
Redline 5w30. i swear by it. in a pinch i'll use mobil 1 5w30 or 10w40 if i must, but the redline stuff eliminated HLA noise for me :D

·
Banned
55 Posts
what is your location exactly? did you look at the yellow pages for Motor Factors? i don't think Redline is available in the UK. otherwise use Mobil1 0W40. 15W40 is way too thick.

·
Registered
475 Posts
I thought Havoline did make a synthetic oil.

·
Premium Member
3,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
bostonmx6 said:
what is your location exactly? did you look at the yellow pages for Motor Factors? i don't think Redline is available in the UK. otherwise use Mobil1 0W40. 15W40 is way too thick.
Thanks but the car was in at 8:30 this morning and I didnt have the time to go looking so I went with the mobil 1. 0w-40 a few UK probe owners use this with no probs.

Location manchester. You an ex pat or just been over here for a while.

Thanks again

·
Banned
55 Posts
i'm here for college, travel back and forth pretty often so i am aware of the products sold in the european market.. i wish i could get those e-spec headlights though..

·
Premium Member
3,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just heard of a 6 in a local scrappy will be going to see it on sunday. I'll look to see if there still on.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts