Discussion Starter · #5 ·
cool!

Tell me about your mex. Got pics?
Thanx,
MAx:D

G

·
Sup

well the Mazda i have is the 1989 MX-6 GT with 108,000 miles. I just bought it 3 weeks ago for $2400. It is an automatic and is white. The body is in very good condition. as far as I can tell theres isn't really anything wrong with it, except for an oil leak on the drivers side( There was no leak until I switched it to synthetic). The guy that I bought the car from put in over $4500 fixing up the car in '98 or 20,000 miles ago. New aluminum radiator, windshield, timing belt, fuel tank, valve job, etc. I have the recipts to prove it. The car at this time is my daily driver and I don't plan any major mods until I am finished building up my '79 Trans AM ( mid 13 second car as of now, want to get into the low 12's high 11's). what abput your MX?

http://www.southern-ballin.com

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
my mex

I've got an 93 mx-6 (ruby red), 2.0l 4 cyl, 5 speed, no sunroof and no spoiler, everything else is power. I bought it last year for $3000. HAd 108k miles on it. Currently it is 123k. Time to get my timimg belt changed(this weekend)and radiator flushed. I've put a new alternator, CV boots and left drive axle, fuel filter. That's about all the mods I've done. It is stock. Installed a Blaupunkt CD player, but my tape deck started to screw around recently! Keeps flipping the tape from side to side.
So that's all about my mex.
It's pretty fast with 5speed too.

Later,
Max.})

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
what are tower bars?

Good to hear from Peorian!

So, tell us about your mex, and what are the tower bars?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hey what's up.
I have a black 93 6. I is a 5 spd with the 4 cyl. I have a cold air intake, header, custom exhaust with no cat. conv., and an apex'i n1 muffler. i also have an underdrive pulley and a short throw. I just put in some hyper white headlight bulbs and corner bulbs. It looks tight. The tower bars are actually strut tower bars. They go across the strut towers under the hood and in the trunk. The brand is Ractive. I got them off ebay. They stiffen your chassis for better handling.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanx for your description, got pics?

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
what's ZE?

·
Registered
49 Posts
ZE is an abbreviation for KL-ZE the j-spec version of our KL-03 engine. It has about 40 more hp if you get one in decent condition, and if you reprogram the e-prom in the ECU.
The reason I have "no more" on there is because at the time I wrote up my profile I ordered a ZE but it was a piece of S#%T!So I returned it. ( Also, I ordered this engine because I melted the head on the front bank of the engine.) So now I'm just putting in a new head on the 03. Oh Well. BTW, You guys don't happen to have a used head for the left (front) bank?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Sorry, mines a 4 cyl. Where did you order your engine from. I was thinking about getting the FSZE (the 4 cyl. jspec). Was the engine just in bad shape?

·
Registered
49 Posts
I ordered my engine from Sun's Engines in AZ. DON'T GO THERE!!!
My sob story is way too long to post here, you might be able to find it in a search at probe talk, but I must repeat ***DON'T BUY FROM SUN'S ENGINES***. If your going to go with a j-spec, go to Soko. They're right in Franklin Park, over by O'Hare Airport. I would suggest going there and looking at the actual engine yourself. If you do that, bring a truck to haul it yourself and save on shipping. Also one of the guys at Soko sounds like a real **** and says they only get the KL-ZE about once a month. If you call about every other day you'll find out they get one every week or so. Well, back to the engine I received. There was a chip on the contact surface of the right bank exhaust cam! The inside of the engine had sooo much varnish(burnt oil residue) it looked like either they were lying completely about the milage( 140k instead of 40k) or this car was not maintained very well at all (like maybe one oil chage in the engines whole life). Don't want to discourage anyone out of buying the ZE or the 4cyl. version. But be smart.
See ya----

·
Registered
207 Posts
chi-town/mt. prospect, i just got a 96 LS

its gorgeous!!! :D

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Got pictures?

·
Registered
207 Posts
not yet....i just got the liscence plates and title today, i will post some pics real soon:E

1 - 20 of 31 Posts