Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone on here retrofitted their especs with tsx projectors? I've had a tsx retro fit into some aspecs, although unfinished. Just got me some especs and I'm wondering if it'd be better to swap the tsx's in there. Just wondering how much cutting I'd have to do to the housing/shroud since it's already got the halogen projectors in there. Wondering if it'd be worth it to retrofit. My aspecs haven't been finished because of the lack of a lense

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
you should do E46 retro's into especs....I have a full OEM HID setup for sale ;)

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:p lol Zach, I see you trying to sell your setup in every headlight related thread :p I already have a full HID setup, thanks for the offer

you should do E46 retro's into especs....I have a full OEM HID setup for sale ;)

·
Premium Member
3,955 Posts
TSX is pretty small compare to the E55 I fitted into my J-Spec, you shouldn't have to cut anything on the housing, just make a custom bracket and maybe a little trimming on the chrome shroud.

Reactions: I4MX6

·
Premium Member
11,480 Posts
It all depends on the ballast style also. I had to cut my jspec housing because of the d2s plug on the ballasts. The projector fit fine but I could plug the connector on withought cutting the housing.

If you have a "straight forward" connector then you should have any issues.

If you look at these you can see the way the cable goes forward before it comes back. thats why I had to cut the housing to make room.

·
Premium Member
3,955 Posts
On my next retro I'm moving the projector back so part of the bulb sits outside of the housing, that should eliminate the connector problem, we'll see how that works out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts