Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ANYONE OUT THERE PERSONALLY DONE A CLUTCH & FLYWHEEL?? I WANNA DO MINE BUT NOT SURE IF I CAN HANDLE IT MYSELF. IF I HAVE IT DONE, HOW MUCH SHOULD LABOR COST???

·
Registered
158 Posts
Someone that I work with used to work at a transmission shop and said that it's not possible on our cars to do it by ourselves. Especially since they are front wheel drive. I don't know though, cause the guy is a know-it-all and would put in his 2 cents even if he had no idea of what he's talking about.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I HATE THOSE KIND OF GUYS, BUT THANX. RAWPOWER (CHRIS) TOLD ME HE DID ONE IN ABOUT 6HRS. BUT I'VE ALSO HEARD YOU NEED TO SUPPORT YOUR ENGINE AS WELL AS THE CAR.. WTF???

125 Posts
I'm looking at putting one in...I'm not even going to bother trying to put it in myself, the labor cost is quite expensive though...running from 300-400$ everywhere I've checked..

·
Registered
488 Posts
It's do-able. One of our club member, Sean Morgan of phenolic spacer fame, just replaced his tranny after putting in his new clutch and it only took him 6 hrs total. I'm planning on doing mine in January when I have more time. Having just replaced both axles it doesn't look to be hard, just a pain in the butt. You do need a floor jack to support the tranny on but as long as you have that and jack stands and the required tools it can be done.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts