Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious about this brand, someone offered a really good price on a set of these Champiro performance tires, but I would like to know if they are any good?
Thanks.

·
Registered
324 Posts
I've been researching tires for the last six months and I've never heard of them.....I'm not sure about trusting a brand that puts the word "champ" on their product.

The extra money makes a big difference on the performance, they may drive fine on dry roads but once it hits a large puddle ........you better get used to hydroplaning.

Go with a proven performer and wait until there is more feedback on "Champiro" before you give them your hard earned dough. You don't want to have to replace them in a few months.

Be afraid!!

·
Registered
362 Posts
don't know if they're the same, but I currently have GT radial champiro 55's on my car, not out of choice but because they came with the car when i bought it last year. they used to be ok in the dry, but have always been crap in the wet, sliding really easy. now, after 12 months abuse, they suck in the dry too, i can't launch hard at all in races or i'll spin to redline. they are a really hard compound which doesn't help quality any, but they do last a while. I'd get rid of them if i could afford it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts