Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really like these body styles but there isn't too much info out there on em so I figured I'd come here and ask. The only models I'm interested in are the v6 5 speeds. Does anyone have any insight on how reliable these things were? Things I should look out for?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I really like these body styles but there isn't too much info out there on em so I figured I'd come here and ask. The only models I'm interested in are the v6 5 speeds. Does anyone have any insight on how reliable these things were? Things I should look out for?

I've owned 2 Probe GT's. The first one I bought new in 1994 and went through 3 auto transmissions in the 6 years I had it. Motor was solid tho.

My Manual 1993 Probe GT I owned for 16 years...13 years before I decided to do a low-mileage JDM Mazda swap. Worst mistake I ever made....:| (Mainly because of the wiring not being the same as factory Probe GT harnesses)

I'm in the process of buying back the 1993 in a couple weeks from the guy I sold it to then going to make a few changes. Car has been very reliable tho.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello mate. New member here. I've owned a 1997 GT SU with 5-speed for a year and a half now. I purchased it for a princely sum, minus registration plates, and with 202 odd thousand kilometres on the clock. It still drives tight and solid, even after all these years.
The only gripes I have are that the abundantly plastic interior rattles and squeaks when accelerating firmly, and the design of the driver's seat lumbar support sees it inevitably wearing.
Other than that, it's an awesome vehicle, and wouldn't sell it for anything. Amazingly, it still turns heads.

Cheers.

·
Banned
164 Posts
Hey. I've owned 1 MX-6, 2 Probe GTs, and 1 Mazda Millenia. The transmission is a little sloppy compared to modern offerings. BUT....... I ran one of these cars to 350,000 miles, before I blew it with waaaaaaaay too much boost. One was fully built and easily handled the 400hp it had until I sold it. The HLAs were the biggest annoyances. But in terms of major problems in these cars? Nope. They were great and lasted forever.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts